iPhone 6s Water Trouble

Remonix

I know, call me dumb all you want, but the yesterday i jumped in the pool with my phone in my pocket. It was only for about 10 seconds, but when I got out of the pool i realized and dried it off. When we got home, we put the phone in a bag of rice. Then later that night, probably 6-7 hours after the incident, we opened it up and dried it as much as we could. Then we put it in a bowl of rice, but the front and back of the phone were still connected. It's been in there since an hour ago. I'm receiving notifications via sound, but the screen most of the time doesn't seem to work. The first time i powered it on after charging it, the screen turned on for a few seconds and then didn't turn back on after pressing the button a couple of times. What's wrong with my phone and how do i fix it.

The display connector may still have water. I would open it up and see if you can completely disassemble and dry out the device.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Remonix said:

r pressing the button a couple of times. What's wrong with my phone and how do i fix it.

take it apart to completely dry it out and replace the battery. 

Try pressing the power and home button for about 30 seconds 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

the battery is working. The phone is charging.

4 minutes ago, Remonix said:

I know, call me dumb all you want, but the yesterday i jumped in the pool with my phone in my pocket. It was only for about 10 seconds, but when I got out of the pool i realized and dried it off. When we got home, we put the phone in a bag of rice. Then later that night, probably 6-7 hours after the incident, we opened it up and dried it as much as we could. Then we put it in a bowl of rice, but the front and back of the phone were still connected. It's been in there since an hour ago. I'm receiving notifications via sound, but the screen most of the time doesn't seem to work. The first time i powered it on after charging it, the screen turned on for a few seconds and then didn't turn back on after pressing the button a couple of times. What's wrong with my phone and how do i fix it.

Rice really doesn't work especially if there is corrosion now, you best bet would be to tear down the entire phone and bath it in 99% isopropyl to displace and water left inside or under chips and to keep an eye out for areas that have corrosion which will need to be scrubbed clean. 

1 minute ago, Remonix said:

@W-L There doesn't appear to be corrosion

you may not be able to see it. it is just a way to push the water out of the phone

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 minutes ago, Remonix said:

@W-L There doesn't appear to be corrosion

Try and give it a bath with isopropyl to and lightly scrub the connectors for the screen to see if it is able to fix it if not the water might have damaged the screen itself. 

1 hour ago, Remonix said:

@Billy_Mays together?

Yes

oh yeah i forgot to mention, the home button is blazing hot even after being in rice the whole last night and not being attached to the back of the phone. @W-L

and heated back up while it was sitting next to me on my desk

47 minutes ago, Remonix said:

oh yeah i forgot to mention, the home button is blazing hot even after being in rice the whole last night and not being attached to the back of the phone. @W-L

That's not good, sounds like something is shorted out, your going to probably need to look at replacing it. Unfortunately though if you want touch ID you will need to go through an Apple certified repair for that to be functional after replacement. 

@W-L would it be worth getting a new phone or trying to repair it

7 minutes ago, Remonix said:

@W-L would it be worth getting a new phone or trying to repair it

I would get a quote first to see how much it would cost, parts are usually readily available for iphone's just the labor cost of the repair itself. 

30 minutes ago, Remonix said:

@Billy_Mays that didn't seem to work

not good

Look into getting a new phone. An Apple replacement will be around $299 if you have Apple care I believe. Water damage is really not repairable. Not even the most advanced repair shops will guarantee anything except data recovery.