Ps3 slim ylod fix worth attempting?

A friend just gave me a ps3 hes had for a while that had ylod and 10 or so games for it. I was planning on trying to fix the ylod but im not sure. I dont have a heatgun or the right size torx screwdriver which would end up costing £30ish with thermal pads and all. For £60 i could buy a ps3 used tho and stuff. I have a pc but i kinda wanna play some sony exclusives, also its 10 games for free (ac2, uncharted 2&3,diablo 3, some jrpgs and a few more). Is it worth attempting to fix the ylod or should i : a- buy a ps3 for £60 b- sell the games and ps3 to buy a new cpu cooler or a game or 2

16 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

A friend just gave me a ps3 hes had for a while that had ylod and 10 or so games for it. I was planning on trying to fix the ylod but im not sure. I dont have a heatgun or the right size torx screwdriver which would end up costing £30ish with thermal pads and all. For £60 i could buy a ps3 used tho and stuff. I have a pc but i kinda wanna play some sony exclusives, also its 10 games for free (ac2, uncharted 2&3,diablo 3, some jrpgs and a few more). Is it worth attempting to fix the ylod or should i : a- buy a ps3 for £60 b- sell the games and ps3 to buy a new cpu cooler or a game or 2

Re-flowing is only really a temporary solution, they tend to just fail again; what it needs is re-balling...it might not be worth your time or money.

Whether or not you should sell the games really depends on how much you want to play them vs. how much you'd prefer to have the money you'd get from selling them.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

13 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Re-flowing is only really a temporary solution, they tend to just fail again; what it needs is re-balling...it might not be worth your time or money.

Whether or not you should sell the games really depends on how much you want to play them vs. how much you'd prefer to have the money you'd get from selling them.

I would like to play them but what ar3 the chances of a used ps3 i buy now ylod-ing within a year or two. It would be a ps3 60gb probably. The games would be worth it i just dont know if it will last. Also i looked and the games wont sell for anything big

14 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

I would like to play them but what ar3 the chances of a used ps3 i buy now ylod-ing within a year or two. It would be a ps3 60gb probably. The games would be worth it i just dont know if it will last. Also i looked and the games wont sell for anything big

To be honest I don't know...I have a PS3 but I've barely looked at the system beyond collecting the 3D titles I'm eventually going to play on it. I think the later revisions of the PS3 might be more reliable (I'd assumed they were) but I can't tell you for certain.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2