connect to domain after switching networks

Hi

We have a Windows 10 laptop which is 90% of the time used in the office and is joined in the domain.

The problem is, if I connect to a different network, and after some time reconnect to the office network, the laptop won't connect to the domain and I have to reboot it before it'll connect.

Some more information:

Router 192.168.2.1

Dhcp settings:

• gateway 192.168.2.1
  • dns 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Server: 192.168.2.2

The dns of every machine is set static to the server. EXCEPT the laptop, I used DNS suffixes but I think it doesn't work correctly...

I just had the issue that the laptop just wouldn't find the domain network even if I rebooted.

So I set a static DNS to the server and then rebooted. After that it worked.

My question is: Is something setup wrong? Or do I always need to reboot the machine if I want to connect to domain? Or am I a complete idiot...?

Any help is very much appreciated! :)

(Sorry for my terrible English, I'm tired and English isn't my native language...)

maybe it's a user account issue? tried using another user account?

7 hours ago, Principis said:

Hi

We have a Windows 10 laptop which is 90% of the time used in the office and is joined in the domain.

The problem is, if I connect to a different network, and after some time reconnect to the office network, the laptop won't connect to the domain and I have to reboot it before it'll connect.

Some more information:

Router 192.168.2.1

Dhcp settings:

• gateway 192.168.2.1
  • dns 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Server: 192.168.2.2

The dns of every machine is set static to the server. EXCEPT the laptop, I used DNS suffixes but I think it doesn't work correctly...

I just had the issue that the laptop just wouldn't find the domain network even if I rebooted.

So I set a static DNS to the server and then rebooted. After that it worked.

My question is: Is something setup wrong? Or do I always need to reboot the machine if I want to connect to domain? Or am I a complete idiot...?

Any help is very much appreciated! :)

(Sorry for my terrible English, I'm tired and English isn't my native language...)

7 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

maybe it's a user account issue? tried using another user account?

No it's the same for every pc (because reasons).