I7 7700k Cooler Suggestions?

RoyCS

Hello, 

I am currently planning out a build and was wondering what Air cooling system

would be able to efficiently cool the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, 

I suggested the Cooler Master Hyper 212 but a friend of mine said it would not be 

powerful enough to cool it effectively, the price will not be a factor as I am going all out

so please leave some suggestions below.

I Am planning on overclocking greatly.

Other specs

CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor – [£302]

CPU Cooler – HYPER 212 LED TURBO – [£29]

Motherboard – MSI GAMING M7 Z270 – [£260]

Memory – G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 – [£330]

Storage- Toshiba P300 High-Performance 2TB – [£70]

SSD - Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB – [£230]

Graphics Card – MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X – [$780]

Case – NZXT H440 – [£125]

Power Supply – Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W – [£230]

Optical Drive -  ASUS 24X DVD Burner – [£15]

Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) – [£30]

Just now, RoyCS said:

Hello, 

I am currently planning out a build and was wondering what Air cooling system

would be able to efficiently cool the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, 

I suggested the Cooler Master Hyper 212 but a friend of mine said it would not be 

powerful enough to cool it effectively, the price will not be a factor as I am going all out

so please leave some suggestions below.

I Am planning on overclocking greatly.

Other specs

CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor – [£302]

CPU Cooler – HYPER 212 LED TURBO – [£29]

Motherboard – MSI GAMING M7 Z270 – [£260]

Memory – G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 – [£330]

Storage- Toshiba P300 High-Performance 2TB – [£70]

SSD - Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB – [£230]

Graphics Card – MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X – [$780]

Case – NZXT H440 – [£125]

Power Supply – Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W – [£230]

Optical Drive -  ASUS 24X DVD Burner – [£15]

Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) – [£30]

Well, according to my knowledge there is no air cooler which would be suitable for extreme overclocking, your only way is through an AIO cooler

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

i am trying to avoid the NZXT Kraken x62 as it is water cooling and i don't want the potential rik of leaks

The Hyper 212 Evo should do perfectly fine with the i7 7700k. If you want something a little better, check out the Cryorig H7, it's marginally more expensive, but a decent amount better.

Other than that an AIO or custom loop would be your best bet.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Can AIO Coolers leak still?

Just now, RoyCS said:

Can AIO Coolers leak still?

They can but its very very rare for that to happen, at our office server at the Turkish Airlines headquarters in Istanbul they let me take a look inside i found a very old AIO cooler but it still worked with no incident ever recorded 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

what would be a good cooler for the I7 7700k?

8 minutes ago, RoyCS said:

i am trying to avoid the NZXT Kraken x62 as it is water cooling and i don't want the potential rik of leaks

Yeah, it's just when AIO dies they can damage other components

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, RoyCS said:

Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15, U14S can work too

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

so which is the best performance 7700k cooler [Air]?

1 minute ago, RoyCS said:

You might want to check out some 'be quiet' coolers, they look good aestetically IMO.

10 minutes ago, RoyCS said:

Leaks, are you kidding me. I contacted NZXT before I bought my kraken X52 and the warranty protects leaks, and if you want good OCing get an AIO

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

1 minute ago, RoyCS said:

how can they die?

They die after 5 years (my friend uses H100i and now he enjoys H100i V2)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Zic05 said:

Leaks, are you kidding me. I contacted NZXT before I bought my kraken X52 and the warranty protects leaks, and if you want good OCing get an AIO

Do they support all the parts if it leaks?

well how about after 30 days they dont cover it anymore?

2 hours ago, RoyCS said:

It's rare to find a case of a leaking AIO cooler from a reputable brand, especially the X62. Unless you're doing custom water cooling, you'll be fine. (Custom water cooling is much, much different.)

Also a water cooler will help keep an overclocked 7700K much cooler than a 212 or many air coolers.

The only reason to get an AIO over air is aesthetics. Is performance better? Not really. Are they quieter? Not really. Cheaper? Not really. Look better? There you go..

You'll probably want a 280mm or 360mm rad in that case. 

The Silent Loop 280: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/zXfmP6/be-quiet-silent-loop-280-942-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-bw003

and Celsius S36 are good: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/NMtWGX/fractal-design-celsius-s36-876-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-fd-wcu-celsius-s36-bk

If you want to go air cooling, the NH-D15 is the king of air coolers and hard to go wrong with: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.