[B350 Gaming 3 + Ryzen 5 1600X] Voltage fluctuations, am i going to wake up to a PC that doesn't boot soon?

Hey Guys,

I'm a little bit concerned regarding this B350 Gaming 3 Motherboard and Ryzen 5 1600X CPU that i got.

When on idle, it keeps trying to push 1-2 processors to 4.0ghz and back to 3.6 all the time and the voltage keeps going from 1.272 to 1.50+ and down, literally every few seconds.

I'm no PC guru, but this kind of instability shouldn't be a thing, right? Its all stock, nothing was Overclocked and i reset the bios settings and made sure that the only thing i have in there modified, is disabled Quiet Run, fans pumped up to max and Memory to being 3200MHZ.

Otherwise i haven' touched the voltage or CPU power.

Under idle it seems to jump like you see here: http://i.imgur.com/aF2n0m4.png

But when its under stress, it doesn't fluctuate at all - its always sitting a the right 3693GHZ for each core and voltage is steadily pulling 1.272~1.284 instead of jumping up to 1.5V

Example: http://i.imgur.com/kPDZucS.jpg

I don't have Turbo enabled or anything and this PC is literally two days old so everything is brand-new and stock.

Also i noticed that the VRM temps are all over the place, they are going around just like the voltage going up and down all the time from 45C to 60C like a roller-coaster. I know that the temps are fine up to 110C around, but are they always this unstable or is something wrong with the system?

Is this system busted somehow, or is it supposed to be like this? I was thinking of downloading some APPS to limit the voltage and maybe stabilize the PC so its not going all over the place like that but i'm pretty new to this and i have no idea how to do that yet.

With everything said, will i one-day a few weeks into the future wake up to a fried CPU/MB if i leave it like that?

Something's wrong with the power delivery on the motherboard, take it out and RMA it. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

my 3770k at stock sometimes goes upto 1.44v with stock voltages

if you're really concerned, try to limit the voltage by using manual voltage (to something that you like, but doesn't cause instability)

the frequencies going up and down is just power saving.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

15 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Something's wrong with the power delivery on the motherboard, take it out and RMA it. 

You think its that serious? I asked on reddit and a fellow-redditor said that his motherboard and cpu is doing the same in terms of voltage.

16 minutes ago, themctipers said:

my 3770k at stock sometimes goes upto 1.44v with stock voltages

if you're really concerned, try to limit the voltage by using manual voltage (to something that you like, but doesn't cause instability)

the frequencies going up and down is just power saving.

I tried to disable power-saving but my windows 10 is running on that balanced mode, which might be causing some of these problems.

Just now, Glas said:

You think its that serious? I asked on reddit and a fellow-redditor said that his motherboard and cpu is doing the same in terms of voltage.

The issue you have sounds like you have faulty power delivery on the motherboard.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, Glas said:

I tried to disable power-saving but my windows 10 is running on that balanced mode, which might be causing some of these problems.

balanced mode will still give you power saving options (for example, when your cpu is not being used, it will downclock it and it would lower the voltages until the cpu is being used)

if you want it to run at full speed all the time, use 'performance mode'

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

The issue you have sounds like you have faulty power delivery on the motherboard.

The thing is that this is happening on when the PC is IDLE or under low load.

When its under stress testing or high load, it works stable without any hiccups - pulling 1.272V and all cores at 3693mhz, no fluctations.

I went ahead and used the Gigabyte EasyTune app to OC the system a little bit and apparently that somewhat solved the problem.

My cores are all sitting at 3793 MHZ now without going up and down the and voltage seems to be more stable.

The CPU VCORE is showing to be running at around 1.362~1.380V stable without going above 1.380V. Sometimes it drops down to 0.3~0.4v but i think thats some doopdown feature that is always enabled?

So it seems like the problem with the voltage going up and down was indeed the default XFS or something system that Zen processors have, which becomes disabled once you OC the system a little bit.