How to convert 30 fps video to 24 fps?

How do you convert a 30 fps video to 24fps to get that cinematic feel? What program do you use. We need to convert our videos for a film project.

3 minutes ago, sander lawrence said:

How do you convert a 30 fps video to 24fps to get that cinematic feel? What program do you use. We need to convert our videos for a film project.

they are fine as they are dont make them crappier 

3 minutes ago, sander lawrence said:

Almost any video editing and encoding software can do this, just change the frame rate in the output setting.

There's more to creating a cinematic feel than just changing frame rate.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

What software did you use to edit that video in first place?

This question is so weird.

I mean, You running A FILM PROJECT but clueless about basic stuff, like isn't this the first thing you need to know first?

3 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

vegas pro

lMzzPmM_700wa_0.gif

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

18 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

This question is so weird.

I mean, You running A FILM PROJECT but clueless about basic stuff, like isn't this the first thing you need to know first?

Probably a person just experimenting, or a lousy teacher that doesn't teach how to do stuff, or using different software from the rest of the class. Who knows. 

I can understand the use of 24P (23.976 fps) for full length movies (bandwidth, processing requirements, compatability with NTSC and Pal, etc). Unless a teacher specifies it, a video project that will primarily be viewed online need not be held back by the aforementioned standard. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind that converting a video shot/rendered 30 fps to 24 fps may not result in the desired effect. Since it effectively has to drop (or combine) frames they may end up looking strange in high-action or fast camera motion.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:26 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

Almost any video editing and encoding software can do this, just change the frame rate in the output setting.

If it were that easy... 30mod24<>0

Nice micro stutter you'll get with most "video editing and encoding software"