FloatPlane Club Free Trial

3 Lions

@Slick

Will there be a free trial for FloatPlane in the future? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

It's the exact same videos as on YouTube, just a week later and in slightly better quality.

And less cancerous comments. 

Why would you need a free trial to decide if that's worth it for you?

Maybe if there's other creators and exclusive content in the future but I don't see the point really.

Most free trials of services like that are to reel customers in and hope they're too lazy/forgetful to cancel.

Does you mum know you're here?

With how and what they are currently offering on floatplane i don't see much use for a free trail(especially with it still beeing in its infancy), the moment they have it running stable for 99.something% of the tiime and are able to get a few dozen other creators and maybe even floatplane exclusive content then i could see a value on a free trail.

but yea i don't think that it is one of their priorities for the near future.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Paid up for floatplane for scrapyard wars a week early. If you want to try it, just pay the couple of dollars and if you don't like it cancel the sub... less than a cup of coffee

well.. the only difference is that the videos are up a week early (supposedly, we all know how that turns out in practisce with time sensitive videos), and that they're in a higher bitrate, meaning better quality at the same resolution.

3 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@Slick

Will there be a free trial for FloatPlane in the future? 

Some of the best software I've used has not been free trial.

The reason being that as long as someone pays something, even if it's only $1 then they're invested in its success and will take the time to feedback good (or bad) or offer suggestions and feature requests. The result is that the product improves in the right direction faster. Give the customer what they want :)

Once a product matures and plateaus then free trials make sense to drive new users.

----------------------------
        Weem

Probably not until its on dedicated platform. Since free trials in US/CA need your payment info's (in case you forgot to cancel), having current issues with payments would be nightmares all around. They might do free trial & sale event when platform launches, but until then leave some energy drink/soda/beer out and buy month worth of trial with money saved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 4 weeks later...

Except I don't actually have 3 dollars at the moment but I would be willing to pay the year if I had it. Love their content then they entice with the wan show and Ironically I don't get paid for week. Still going to buy a subscription.

created an account just to see if they offered one.