Does resetting Windows 10 revert back to Windows 7 or does it stay as Win 10?

Cy-Fy

Hello guys, I am going to reset one of my laptops by going to settings then recovery and then reset this pc. The thing is this laptop originally came with windows 7 installed so I am wondering if resetting it this way will keep windows 10 or revert to win7.

I know I could recover the windows 10 key already installed and then clean install and activate win 10 again but the resetting way seems good enough for what I need and less time consuming which is important right now.

Thanks for your help!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

12 minutes ago, Cy-Fy said:

Hello guys, I am going to reset one of my laptops by going to settings then recovery and then reset this pc. The thing is this laptop originally came with windows 7 installed so I am wondering if resetting it this way will keep windows 10 or revert to win7.

I know I could recover the windows 10 key already installed and then clean install and activate win 10 again but the resetting way seems good enough for what I need and less time consuming which is important right now.

Thanks for your help!

It deletes all the files, folders ect, and reinstalls the operating system that you have installed when you click it, so win 10

Hi.

13 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Stays on 10

5 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

It deletes all the files, folders ect, and reinstalls the operating system that you have installed when you click it, so win 10

Perfect, thank you guys!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+