1700 vs 1700X vs cost-differential vs. voltage binning

Before I ask my quesiton, let me state: the 1700 vs 1700X argument has been done to death, and I know 99.9% of the people go for the 1700 because of the overclockability and price.  The model of the chip is based on voltage binning.

However, I want to bring a variation to the argument: if you have better odds of winning the silicon lottery for a minimal price difference ($40 where I live), would you do it for the higher voltage binning?  If you already plan on overclocking the unit and already have a cooling solution with that in mind, could it be worth the small price difference?

If i were to do it all over again, i'd've bought the 1700. unless you p-state overclock on top of regular overclocking, there's zero difference.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

My cousin was excited to build his Ryzen computer which was his first AMD build in over 10 years (he's older than me). When he told me the name of the last AMD CPU he used was I had never heard of it. He bought the 1700 for the lower price and I plan to help him overclock it some time. Even if you lose the silicon lottery you may not get the highest overclock but realistically speaking will 100MHz or 200MHz less than everybody else really bottleneck what you're doing with the system?