Why the f*ck are AMD gpus expensive right now?

Go to solution Solved by captain cactus,

Miners are buying them in bulk because RX cards are very good at mining all sorts of BitCoin meaning they're out of stock for gamers who just want to game on the things.

I just sold my current graphics card and I was searching online for another graphics card. The issue is that it looks like most rx 570's and rx 580's are sold out or are way above msrp. I was looking into getting a polaris card but at this point, I am seriously considering just getting a gtx 1060.

Uhm just wait until they are back on stock and pay normal prices?

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

3 minutes ago, CrunchyO123 said:

I am seriously considering just getting a gtx 1060.

wait till stock is back up or just get a 1060. Or if you just want to complain, then yea fuck a market driven economy!

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

15 minutes ago, CrunchyO123 said:

I just sold my current graphics card and I was searching online for another graphics card. The issue is that it looks like most rx 570's and rx 580's are sold out or are way above msrp. I was looking into getting a polaris card but at this point, I am seriously considering just getting a gtx 1060.

There's this thing called supply and demand. It's based around the principle that when you have more of a thing than people want, that thing is worth less. When there's a scarcity of a thing that people want, it's worth more. Right now, there's not a ton of stock of RX 500-series cards (aside from the shitfest 550) floating around out there, but people really want those cards. Hence, prices for those cards go up. If the principles of supply and demand bother you, then you should either buy a GTX 1060 or vote for Bernie. Or both. Your call.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Oh Wow.

They are expensive.

There's just a shortage right now I guess.

a 1060 is also a good card, but I'd wait a few days for RX 480s to go down to MSRP again.

or just wait until vega (or at least like 1 day to see what they are at computex) and make your choice then.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

8 hours ago, CrunchyO123 said:

Well, when the market has high demand while the stocks are limited (because amd has become more popular than before) so yeah they need to increase the price to stabilise their production and selling

Get 1060, it's good enough to play big games :D

Miners are buying them in bulk because RX cards are very good at mining all sorts of BitCoin meaning they're out of stock for gamers who just want to game on the things.

Ye ole' train