pfSense Mac Pro 2006

I put this on the pfSense forum and there was no replies. I have a 2006 Mac Pro and Virtual Box on that. It has 2 built in NIC cards and they are both bridged from virtual box. Adapter 1 in WAN and Adapter 2 is LAN. I plugged in a pc into the LAN and when I go to the web ui on the Mac Pro and it shows the pc and it has given it an IP address and I ping Google and it all seems to work until I go to my pc and open a website, it says that there is not internet connection but when I go to the settings it shows that it is connected to pfsense router. What do I do? Please help!

so you can ping google? did you ping it by URL (ping google.com) or directly by IP adress (ping 172.217.22.78)

if ping 172.217.22.78 worked but ping google.com didn't then i guess you have a problem with DNS 

what do your firewall rules look like?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just to make sure, you did try to ping from the PC? From your text one could understand you pinged from the router, which is useless (in terms of determining if the PC is connected correctly).

What OS is the PC running? What are your internet settings there? DHCP? If not, what are your gateway, and DNS settings? (or if yes, what does DHCP give you)?

6 hours ago, Wild Penquin said:

Just to make sure, you did try to ping from the PC? From your text one could understand you pinged from the router, which is useless (in terms of determining if the PC is connected correctly).

What OS is the PC running? What are your internet settings there? DHCP? If not, what are your gateway, and DNS settings? (or if yes, what does DHCP give you)?

16 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

what do your firewall rules look like?

17 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

so you can ping google? did you ping it by URL (ping google.com) or directly by IP adress (ping 172.217.22.78)

if ping 172.217.22.78 worked but ping google.com didn't then i guess you have a problem with DNS 

I pinged google.com. I got a DHCP ip from my modem and the Mac Pro is running OS X Lion. What do you mean by firewall rules?

The ping was successful