Need help with blue snowball

Go to solution Solved by HammyTheHybrid,
16 hours ago, Zweihander said:

I would contact customer support, or put in a ticket with them ... this is beyond me at this point.

If you don't mind dealing with customer support, do it ... otherwise RMA. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

So uh..... i turned my computer off for the rest of the night, i turn it back on and today its working... Alright

So i got my blue snowball in the mail yesterday and it was working fine for the first 1-3 hours.. Then people were saying i sounded robotic, that i was echoing, this and that, then the mic just stopped working.. Then it gave This error whenever i plugged it in.. Please.... ANYONE HELP ;A;

asdsa.png

Someone here might be able to help you, but honestly if that happened to me exactly as you describe I'd just say it's a bad unit and RMA it. It definitely sounds bad to me.

Hmm.. ive tought about it but i wanna try to find any solution before doing that..

Try uninstalling the recording device driver, unplug the microphone, plug it back in and it should reinstall the driver.

Note: You might need to reboot your PC at some point after the driver loads.

If the problem still persists, I would return for a refund/exchange from place of purchase. 

27 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

Try uninstalling the recording device driver, unplug the microphone, plug it back in and it should reinstall the driver.

Note: You might need to reboot your PC at some point after the driver loads.

If the problem still persists, I would return for a refund/exchange from place of purchase. 

It doesnt show up as a recording device driver, just shows up as an unknown usb device, heres a pic 

a.PNG

1 minute ago, HamsterianPig said:

It doesnt show up as a recording device driver, just shows up as an unknown usb device, heres a pic 

a.PNG

Are you able uninstall that driver, unplug the device and then plug it back in and will it load a new driver?

1 minute ago, Zweihander said:

Are you able uninstall that driver, unplug the device and then plug it back in and will it load a new driver?

Ive tried that many times, the same thing shows up.. I even tried it on other computer and the same problem happens

2 minutes ago, HamsterianPig said:

Ive tried that many times, the same thing shows up.. I even tried it on other computer and the same problem happens

What version of Windows are you using?

2 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

What version of Windows are you using?

Windows 10, take note that i got this pc 20 days ago

1 minute ago, HamsterianPig said:

Windows 10, take note that i got this pc 20 days ago

Uninstall drivers for the mic, and uninstall the mic from the devices list, unplug it from your computer, restart your computer fully, plug back in the mic, check for any new device drivers.

Also, make sure the cord is plugged into the mic properly - this can be a known issue with the device.

2 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

Uninstall drivers for the mic, and uninstall the mic from the devices list, unplug it from your computer, restart your computer fully, plug back in the mic, check for any new device drivers.

Also, make sure the cord is plugged into the mic properly - this can be a known issue with the device.

How do you delete the mics drivers? they dont even show up, and ive deleted the "usb" drivers many times and still nothing, for now im just waiting for blue to answer

4 minutes ago, HamsterianPig said:

How do you delete the mics drivers? they dont even show up, and ive deleted the "usb" drivers many times and still nothing, for now im just waiting for blue to answer

Choose the appropriate device and select uninstall.

In your case, the unrecognized device. If this isn't a solution, you could try right-clicking the unrecognized device and going to properties > details > hardware IDs and copy the first result listed and google it, you may find the driver there.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

10 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

Choose the appropriate device and select uninstall.

In your case, the unrecognized device. If this isn't a solution, you could try right-clicking the unrecognized device and going to properties > details > hardware IDs and copy the first result listed and google it, you may find the driver there.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Welp... I did everything you did and its still not working, this is also what comes up for me when i click on hardware ids

a.PNG

I would contact customer support, or put in a ticket with them ... this is beyond me at this point.

If you don't mind dealing with customer support, do it ... otherwise RMA. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

1 minute ago, Zweihander said:

Dont worry about it, i already contacted customer support, thanks for trying to help though! xD

16 hours ago, Zweihander said:

So uh..... i turned my computer off for the rest of the night, i turn it back on and today its working... Alright

33 minutes ago, HamsterianPig said:

Haha, nice!

So no more issues? Mic is working great? :o

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 2:17 PM, Zweihander said:

Haha, nice!

So no more issues? Mic is working great? :o

I decided to ask them again for the warranty, now its crashing my pc, and it sounds like a robot and if i sped up the sound... bad luck :(

On 6/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, HamsterianPig said:

I decided to ask them again for the warranty, now its crashing my pc, and it sounds like a robot and if i sped up the sound... bad luck :(

That's unfortunate.