Is this prerelease hardware legit?

Xanthe_2871

I came across this on eBay today and I'd like to know what you guys think. Is it legit? Also, is it worth what he's asking?

[Link removed]

Edited by TheRandomness
Ebay listings aren't allowed.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

- most likely not 

- if it is, it's illegal to purchase it. 

Illegal in what sense? Breaking Motorola's internal rules, or actual government laws?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

THe link was removed, what was it?

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

THe link was removed, what was it?

Interesting. Well it's a Moto X Pure 2015. Is this a taboo subject?

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Interesting. Well it's a Moto X Pure 2015. Is this a taboo subject?

Ebay links just arent allowed on the forums.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Ebay links just arent allowed on the forums.

Really? Since when?!? I've linked to products on eBay countless times when people asked about adapters, or cases, screen protectors, etc.

Is this a new rule?

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Really? Since when?!? I've linked to products on eBay countless times when people asked about adapters, or cases, screen protectors, etc.

Is this a new rule?

Its benn debated for a while so it wasnt a "rule" but it was recently officially decided upon.

8 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Illegal in what sense? Breaking Motorola's internal rules, or actual government laws?

pre-release hardware are engineering units, engineers sign RND order to work on them, if someone is selling an engineering sample it's because they stole it or gain it through meanes that are not legal. 

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Its benn debated for a while so it wasnt a "rule" but it was recently officially decided upon.

pretty sure it was just for hot deals. 

if it's global then fucc that

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

That sucks! eBay is a great place to find cheap, obscure parts that can help people. I've used weird eBay parts to help people here so many times, parts that are way more expensive on Amazon or not even offered... what is the logic behind this decision? 

To find this item I can not link to, juts Google "Moto X Pure Prerelease" and it's the second result. "RARE! Moto X Pure Edition 2015 PROTOTYPE TEST DEVICE"

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Pretty sure its global, I mean the proof is in the OP... :/

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

pre-release hardware are engineering units, engineers sign RND order to work on them, if someone is selling an engineering sample it's because they stole it or gain it through meanes that are not legal. 

Interesting. Is there no legitimate way to obtain something like this? Couldn't a 3rd party hardware partner have one, then go out of business and include it in their liquidation sales? Or a product reviewer be allowed to keep it after making their online review, then some clause allowing them to sell it after X number of months or years? Or maybe this guy "found" it, not stole it? Or maybe some other possibility?

If it were breaking some internal rule but the item itself were not stolen then would the sell still be illegal, law wise? 

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

so you post an eBay link in off topic chat of farts contained in a glass jar and it gets removed? 

mods be crazy

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Without eBay links how am I to share these delightful gadgets with people?

Image result for usb 2 to 1 power cable adapter

USB-3-0-Type-A-Female-to-Female-Adapter-Coupler-Gender-Changer-Connector-NEW

Mini 5Pin Female to USB 2.0 Male Converter Extension Adapter NEW

100pcs Micro 5pin USB Splitter Adapter Y Cable 1 Female to 2 Male Cable Cord

2X Charging Cable Micro USB Charge Magnetic Adapter Connector For Android Phone

Sabrent 13 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter (HB-U14P)

6 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Interesting. Is there no legitimate way to obtain something like this?

yes, there is, if the company willingly sells it, in this case, if it's sold my Motorola. 

Couldn't a 3rd party hardware partner have one, then go out of business and include it in their liquidation sales?

yup, they have special permission on what they can or can't do with it. 

a product reviewer be allowed to keep it after making their online review, then some clause allowing them to sell it after X number of months or years?

that will depend on the arrangement between reviewers and the company. 

Or maybe this guy "found" it, not stole it?

nope, you still are responsible for stealing the product, you are enabling it, it will depend. 

If it were breaking some internal rule but the item itself were not stolen then would the sell still be illegal, law wise? 

it will depend highly on the country of origin, engineers have strict rules on what information they can make public, prerelease hardware falls under a gray area. 

yes, there is, if the company willingly sells it, in this case, if it's sold my Motorola. 

yup, they have special permission on what they can or can't do with it. 

that will depend on the arrangement between reviewers and the company. 

nope, you still are responsible for stealing the product. 

it will depend highly on the country of origin, engineers have strict rules on what information they can make public, prerelease hardware falls under a gray area. 

Well, s***. I appreciate your answers, that's a great response to save if anyone ever asks something similar in the future, I may quote your post! But if it's in a gray area then I'm all for those shades! But you still think the item from the now removed link is fake? :(  

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

But you still think the item from the now removed link is fake? :( 

truthfully speaking, not sure, not even sure if it's a working or dummy unit, considering the phone seller didn't provide a picture whare the phone was shown to be functional. 

truthfully speaking, not sure, not even sure if it's a working or dummy unit. 

Image result for sad face

Oh well. Thanks for your help, though!