75hz Not Working on Ultrawide Monitor

Max_Settings
Go to solution Solved by Max_Settings,
7 minutes ago, Atreyix said:

Make sure in the game you are playing that the resolution the game is set at isn't 60hz, for example in diablo 3 the resolution is 1920x1080x60 ... you gotta change it too 1920x1080x75 from the drop down. Also some games also have a setting to have the max framerate cap at 60 and you can change it to w/e you want.

11 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Maybe Freesync is blocking it? All I have are conspiracy theories.

12 minutes ago, mebaby2 said:

Sry posted at like the same time together HDMI 1.4b supports higher refresh rates at 1080p.

Like I said before make sure freesync is turned on on the monitor itself.

And it's set to 75hz under advanced settings in windows itself or it won't show up in games.

It worked for me but seeing I have 1 nvidea using PC I can't check if it always works.

16 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

It must be because of its HDMI only input, which sucks, those with Display Port can get to these high frequencies just fine using nVidia custom resolution once you use DP, my 29UM68-P for instance also was locked to 60hz on HDMI, changed it to DP and voila 80hz stable:

Reveal hidden contents

no5FpCP.jpg

19 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

From what I've read in the past, you really do need to use FreeSync to get the 75 Hz, custom resolutions won't work. No idea why, but that's how it is. So I hear, anyway.

I figured it out, disabling Freesync allowed games to show 75hz as an option

12 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

V-sync should cap the FPS to the monitor's refresh rate, when I do it, it caps at 60fps, which means 60hz, and games show only 60hz as an option for refresh rate,

As far as I recall V-sync caps at 60fps period. If you PC can't output 60fps it drops down to 30fps (again from memory). It also brings input lag into the situation. I hated V-sync.

Try something like MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner and set a cap limit, or do it in game to what you want.

I used to set it to 1fps more than my monitors refresh rate and had a blast with no issues.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

• 1 year later...