Push or Pull?

weed

Push or Pull please only answer after reading the OP   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Push or Pull

• Push
    • Pull

So ehh, my current case is a HP 7500 MT case and it only has one case fan, yes you read that right one case fan, it is currently is on exhaust it is positioned at the rear of the case with nothing blocking it, i have zero cable management and my GPU fan is semi blocked, the case fan is pointing at the CPU heat sink, should i keep this fan blowing air out or should i make it pull air in? i have an i7-3770 and a Gigabyte GTX 460SE 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

Just now, manikyath said:

keep it as is.

would it make much of a difference if i switched it around?

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

1 minute ago, weed said:

would it make much of a difference if i switched it around?

not anything noteworthy, it's still moving the same amount of air.

not anything noteworthy, it's still moving the same amount of air.

No, i mean if i made it intake rather than exhaust 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

yes. no matter which way you put it, it'll be moving the same amount of air.

yes. no matter which way you put it, it'll be moving the same amount of air.

Ok, thanks.

Specs

Workstation:

Luke did a video that might be helpful for you.

15 minutes ago, weed said:

So ehh, my current case is a HP 7500 MT case and it only has one case fan, yes you read that right one case fan, it is currently is on exhaust it is positioned at the rear of the case with nothing blocking it, i have zero cable management and my GPU fan is semi blocked, the case fan is pointing at the CPU heat sink, should i keep this fan blowing air out or should i make it pull air in? i have an i7-3770 and a Gigabyte GTX 460SE 

I'd either keep it the way it is, or see about getting a new case with better airflow. This is more of a topic of Positive vs Negitive pressure. Both have their merrits. Push vs Pull is more of a topic when you are talking about liquid cooling, where the fan is either pushing or pulling air threw the rad, where it's been beaten to death and proven that it doesn't make a difference.

1 minute ago, BluJay614 said:

I'd either keep it the way it is, or see about getting a new case with better airflow. This is more of a topic of Positive vs Negitive pressure. Both have their merrits. Push vs Pull is more of a topic when you are talking about liquid cooling, where the fan is either pushing or pulling air threw the rad, where it's been beaten to death and proven that it doesn't make a difference.

It does make a difference though, one of them is easier to clean.

Just now, Sack said:

That is the only difference though.

Just now, Sack said:

Which i guess is the exhaust? that should make the case easier to clean

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

You are missing the point, my good sir.

1 minute ago, weed said:

For water cooling, pull is easier to clean.

*edit* when the radiator is mounted to the top of the case. I can't imagine it being easier to clean in pull config when it's front mounted.

Just now, weed said:

No, we where talking about with a radiator, it's easier to clean when you have the fans pulling air threw the Rad and out the case because all the dust that accumulates on the fins will be on the side without the fans. In your case, I would most likely recommend getting a case with better airflow.

Just now, BluJay614 said:

No, we where talking about with a radiator, it's easier to clean when you have the fans pulling air threw the Rad and out the case because all the dust that accumulates on the fins will be on the side without the fans. In your case, I would most likely recommend getting a case with better airflow.

Well there is the problem my good sir, my build is a sleeper build i.e the case need to look like to total dog shit but whats inside the case needs to look amazing.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Well there is the problem my good sir, my build is a sleeper build i.e the case need to look like to total dog shit but whats inside the case needs to look amazing.

If you have one fan and it's in the rear of the case, make it exhaust, or push air out.

12 minutes ago, weed said:

Then I would keep it as an exhaust.

Just now, BluJay614 said:

Then I would keep it as an exhaust.

Congrats on 420 posts mate, blazing it hard. 

Specs

Workstation:

It barely effects anything really, other than dust. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Just now, Foxxer said:

It barely effects anything really, other than dust. 

bas baba el ana sem3to 3ala el internet eno hada besa3ed el cooling beta3 el computer.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

bas baba el ana sem3to 3ala el internet eno hada besa3ed el cooling beta3 el computer.

You're running A/C, therefore, the ambient temps are consistent. :D How much will it help by 1-2 degrees? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Just now, Foxxer said:

You're running A/C, therefore, the ambient temps are consistent. :D How much will it help by 1-2 degrees? 

holy shit you understood :D:D i thought i was gonna look like a total idiot if you didnt understand.

Specs

Workstation:

15 hours ago, weed said:

If you only have one fan, best to keep it as exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv