Best Android Smartwatch?

Wolf_Lbh

So I've been thinking about getting a smart watch lately for my s7 (Hopefully soon to be s8) but I'm not really sure if they have anything to offer. I'm looking for at least 10 atm water resistance and at least 24 hours battery, ideally 2 days without recharging. If it has that s7 always on display option with ultra low battery drain that would also be amazing.

So what cool smart watches are out there and what can they do?

As far as looks go I prefer matte black and the option to put on a nice black leather strap.

Check out the Gear S3 Frontier, it's a little on the large size, however the battery lasts 2+ days easily, it looks great, it's waterproof, and there are plenty of watchface options.

My main complaint with it though is that the apps for it are pretty limited, though there's not a ton you can really do on a screen so small anyways.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

13 minutes ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

So I've been thinking about getting a smart watch lately for my s7 (Hopefully soon to be s8) but I'm not really sure if they have anything to offer. I'm looking for at least 10 atm water resistance and at least 24 hours battery, ideally 2 days without recharging. If it has that s7 always on display option with ultra low battery drain that would also be amazing.

So what cool smart watches are out there and what can they do?

As far as looks go I prefer matte black and the option to put on a nice black leather strap.

well, you specified Android, but since you have and want a samsung phone, maybe consider the Samsung Gear range, what ever the newest model is. 

Yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 1:17 PM, TheKDub said:

Check out the Gear S3 Frontier, it's a little on the large size, however the battery lasts 2+ days easily, it looks great, it's waterproof, and there are plenty of watchface options.

My main complaint with it though is that the apps for it are pretty limited, though there's not a ton you can really do on a screen so small anyways.

Do you know if the foobar2000 music player controls that show up on my lockscreen will also work on the Gear S3 Frontier?

14 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Do you know if the foobar2000 music player controls that show up on my lockscreen will also work on the Gear S3 Frontier?

Never used Foobar2000, so I can't say. It doesn't look like there's an app for the watch for Foobar2000 either, so you're probably out of luck on that one.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Never used Foobar2000, so I can't say. It doesn't look like there's an app for the watch for Foobar2000 either, so you're probably out of luck on that one.

If it doesn't offer me a simple previous, pause/play, and next interface for my music then it isn't worth $30 let alone $300+.

4 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

If it doesn't offer me a simple previous, pause/play, and next interface for my music then it isn't worth $30 let alone $300+.

You have to keep in mind that Foobar2000 isn't built into Android, and if they haven't gone and made the app for the watch to allow it to be controlled on there, it's their fault for it.

Who knows, maybe it'd work with the regular music controls, may it won't. I only really use Spotify for listening to music, and that has it's own little remote control application on the watch.

Just now, TheKDub said:

You have to keep in mind that Foobar2000 isn't built into Android, and if they haven't gone and made the app for the watch to allow it to be controlled on there, it's their fault for it.

Who knows, maybe it'd work with the regular music controls, may it won't. I only really use Spotify for listening to music, and that has it's own little remote control application on the watch.

Foobar is a really good music player. Hands down the best for pc use with its components and customization options. So having it on my phone is just kind of common sense. If the watch can't handle a simple 3 button interface to do the bare minimum amount of controlling while my music is playing then I really can't accept that level of support. If it shows up on the lock screen it should be able to show up on the watch.