NZXT S340 Elite Front Panel Mod

Gich165
Go to solution Solved by Protocase,
On 5/26/2017 at 11:43 PM, W-L said:

They also have a rep on the forums @Protocase that is occasionally on who may be able to chime in. 

That's me! Thanks @W-L for the mention.

@Gich165, I can't confirm off the top of my head if we'd be able to do it, as I don't have the specs of the panel (do you have that info? Feel free to post here, or send me a message). We have fiber laser and CNC routers here onsite, so it may be doable. Just can't say for sure until I run it by our engineering team.

If you've already emailed info@protocase.com, you should be hearing back from us soon anyway. :) Let me know if you have any other questions, or run into issues.

Hello, I was wondering if there were any place that would be able to cut out holes in my S340's front panel. I've tried MonkyMods because someone on TH mentioned that they used a water jet to cut through the steel and ABS but when I contacted them Greg,(nicest guy ever), sadly told me he only works with lasers and could not cut through the steel only the plastic.  Later I tried CaseLabs, because why not, their thing is custome systems but to no avail they sadly informed me they could not as well.  My question is, what places are there that are reputable that could do this type of job? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Gich165 said:

Hello, I was wondering if there were any place that would be able to cut out holes in my S340's front panel. I've tried MonkyMods because someone on TH mentioned that they used a water jet to cut through the steel and ABS but when I contacted them Greg,(nicest guy ever), sadly told me he only works with lasers and could not cut through the steel only the plastic.  Later I tried CaseLabs, because why not, their thing is custome systems but to no avail they sadly informed me they could not as well.  My question is, what places are there that are reputable that could do this type of job? Thanks

Protocase might be able to do something, any fabrication shop within the area should be able to help as long as they take in the odd jobs.

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Protocase might be able to do something, any fabrication shop within the area should be able to help as long as they take in the odd jobs.

I just shot them an e-mail. Thanks for telling me about them :)

8 minutes ago, Gich165 said:

I just shot them an e-mail. Thanks for telling me about them :)

They also have a rep on the forums @Protocase that is occasionally on who may be able to chime in. 

On 5/26/2017 at 11:43 PM, W-L said:

@Gich165, I can't confirm off the top of my head if we'd be able to do it, as I don't have the specs of the panel (do you have that info? Feel free to post here, or send me a message). We have fiber laser and CNC routers here onsite, so it may be doable. Just can't say for sure until I run it by our engineering team.

If you've already emailed info@protocase.com, you should be hearing back from us soon anyway. :) Let me know if you have any other questions, or run into issues.

9 hours ago, Protocase said:

Believe it or not I just got my design critiqued by your design team and am on the way to getting the part machined! Great customer service, super nice people. 10/10 would recommend! 

12 hours ago, Gich165 said:

Believe it or not I just got my design critiqued by your design team and am on the way to getting the part machined! Great customer service, super nice people. 10/10 would recommend! 

Oh that's excellent! Glad you got all of the info you needed. I'll pass on your feedback to the team - you've made our Tuesday already B|

• 1 month later...

Do you have any pictures of the front panel mod? was looking into doing something similar myself

On 7/16/2017 at 2:24 AM, Shadowhelo said:

Do you have any pictures of the front panel mod? was looking into doing something similar myself

If you want modification for airflow to mount fans on the out side heres what i did. Removed the big chunk of plastic from front.

Before

12.jpg.c92d1cdf4d3ea006a62b1e54a76594a8.jpg

12345.jpg.0c0b3bc40d3ea36b2cd384b71b783ba3.jpg

After

123.jpg.a7cad64c55a1709ffd04f7702bb3aa6f.jpg

1234.jpg.f1e0d97fb3f6eff474a517fb36adb14f.jpg

• 4 months later...

how did you do that? spacing the front panel so you can add more fans? 
PUSH PULL maybe?

On 12/9/2017 at 4:46 AM, FranticNoise said:

how did you do that? spacing the front panel so you can add more fans? 
PUSH PULL maybe?

Here you go. Heres how i made a lil extra space in the front of my build. I later also made custom filters for this case which can be found in part 3. Sorry for the late reply. Next time quote or tag the person u are asking question from for fast replies. 

On 7/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, DIY tech said:

If you want modification for airflow to mount fans on the out side heres what i did. Removed the big chunk of plastic from front.

Before

12.jpg.c92d1cdf4d3ea006a62b1e54a76594a8.jpg

12345.jpg.0c0b3bc40d3ea36b2cd384b71b783ba3.jpg

After

123.jpg.a7cad64c55a1709ffd04f7702bb3aa6f.jpg

1234.jpg.f1e0d97fb3f6eff474a517fb36adb14f.jpg

I am actually working on a build where this will save me a lot of trouble. Thanks for posting!. are the pins that hold it in place not attached to the rest of the plastic?

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

20 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

I am actually working on a build where this will save me a lot of trouble. Thanks for posting!. are the pins that hold it in place not attached to the rest of the plastic?

No the pins are on the pillars. Though when removing front panel dont pull it from metal part, Pull it from the plastic pillar part once u have removed the middle plastic part.

The whole story. I hope moderators wont mind that m sharing it for 1000 time :P 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZCA49s4yhc