Probably the most advanced PSU today (?) : 520W fanless !

Caesar

Hey all !

I just discovered that

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=50287

4.gif Seasonic Platinum 520W Fanless 3.gif

Look at those results :

http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/seasonic-platinum-fanless-520w-power-supply-review/6/

This stability is exceptional, signal quality, efficiency, and the overload eek.png

And it's passive ! biggrin.png

And there's a 7 year warranty too, so they know what they're doing I guess.

Another detailed review

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-Platinum-Fanless-520-W-Power-Supply-Review/1664/1

All reviews I saw where enthusiastic ! I think I'll buy one for my water cooled build....*silent freak*

PS : And it's cheaper (at least in Switzerland) than the (poor) concurrence on the fanless market (Super Flower, Silverstone). Currently not available in my country but maybe in the USA ... ?

What do you think ?

I guess that's good for a silent freak (although power supply fans don't generally make a lot of noise). I am always a bit cautious with fanless PSU's. They may say that they don't overheat, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

pnBIF.gif?1

My power supply is the only thing I can hear when reducing pump and fans to a silent profile, that's why I was excited when I discovered that one :)

Expect a high price tag for a power supply like that.

That's sure..... will be around 150 swiss francs.

On the other hand, that was also the price for a simple 80+ Corsair TX750 4 years ago wink.png

You can set the fan curve on AXi PSUs so they are silent unless they get over a certain temp.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

My build require 600 watts :(
What's your build ? 520W is enough for a "standard" single-GPU gaming PC !

You can set the fan curve on AXi PSUs so they are silent unless they get over a certain temp.
AX series power supplies don't even turn on until they reach a certain load. Incredible, really.

Wow looks amazing! Should have bought that instead of my crappy Corsair HX650 that makes creepy squeaking fan noise.

It's seasonic, of course its good! Would buy, but would prefer slightly higher wattage with a higher fan for same price, it wont be cheap, and its not like the psu fan is the loudest thing in someones system.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I was actually looking to buy this, but I'm not sure

I'm planning on doing a Powermac G5 mod, and I wanted to take the guts out of this one, put them in the case of the old Mac's dead power supply, so it would look nice and original

My only concern was it could only support one graphics card (assuming it uses two 6 or 8 pins). Maybe if it pushed the voltage up a bit more they could support more PCIe power, but whatever

Anyone know where I can buy this?

My build require 600 watts :(
Yeah...would probably fit without overclocking to the extreme.

I was actually looking to buy this, but I'm not sure

I'm planning on doing a Powermac G5 mod, and I wanted to take the guts out of this one, put them in the case of the old Mac's dead power supply, so it would look nice and original

My only concern was it could only support one graphics card (assuming it uses two 6 or 8 pins). Maybe if it pushed the voltage up a bit more they could support more PCIe power, but whatever

Anyone know where I can buy this?

Seems not to be available yet...

Thats why I got one for myself.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I really wouldnt worry about it.. really doubt they will send out a fanless platinum PSU that isnt tested to the extreme.. :)

Im getting one of the 400watt fanless psu's for my server.. (maybe lower wattage if I can find it in stock..)

(Comming soon)

Seasonic did a 460W fanless PSU which is 80+Gold

Obviously 80+Platinum allowed them to go past 500W

(remember that in the review, they overloaded it up to 100W before it securely shut down)

600W will come.....oh yeah ^^

I'm still yet to find a real point in units like these. Most power supplies are inaudible anyways, provided that the unit isn't at that high of a load level, so most cases the noises are drowned out by the other components in the systems. It seems like it's more of a cost saver to me, since a power supply fan would be unnecessary with that kind of unit they didn't include it.

I'm still yet to find a real point in units like these. Most power supplies are inaudible anyways, provided that the unit isn't at that high of a load level, so most cases the noises are drowned out by the other components in the systems. It seems like it's more of a cost saver to me, since a power supply fan would be unnecessary with that kind of unit they didn't include it.
For silence freaks (like Linus) it's beneficial because the rest of their system is already quiet as it can be with liquid cooling and SSD's, so the only thing left is the case fans and PSU fans

Removal of the PSU fan is just one step further to a totally silent PC

You got it. Exactly.

I have seen this type of PSU before, but with a little more limted wattage though. Cool design and everything, but I don't really notice the PSU anyway, though for a freaked out silent build, I would have used something like this.

MEH

if you want a silent psu, go for a 1200-1500watt psu and put a small load on it. it would not be very effficient but some psu's dont turn their fan on unless needed