The Breadbox (~2.3L box of fun)

3 hours ago, mxk. said:

I'm so excited for you to finish!! itx builds are cool as hell and the challenge makes it more fun looking

Oh, this isn't ITX :P  That's far too big :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, this isn't ITX :P  That's far too big :D

shit. New form factor I guess lol

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

shit. New form factor I guess lol

Mini-STX :)  Well, the motherboard is at least.  This case is totally custom so idk if you'd call it that as well or something else.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Mini-STX :)  Well, the motherboard is at least.  This case is totally custom so idk if you'd call it that as well or something else.

wow I didn't even know they went below itx.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

• 1 month later...

Oh wow a meaningful update! /s

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Now I just need to buy the PSUs, maybe the new ASRock motherboard that's coming soon, a new CPU, maybe more RAM, and a graphics card that actually fits :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

22 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

How is it not?  I'd say it's by far the most significant update so far.  The case is actually done and printed, finally after all this design and waiting.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

How is it not?  I'd say it's by far the most significant update so far.  The case is actually done and printed, finally after all this design and waiting.

I'm being sarcastic about being passive aggressive :P 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm being sarcastic about being passive aggressive :P 

Oh, you need nested sarcasm, like "( Oh wow a meaningful update! /s ) /s" xD

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, you need nested sarcasm, like "( Oh wow a meaningful update! /s ) /s" xD

Sorry I dont speak c++, I'm only fluent in Murica, Sarcasm and bad humor

On topic though, I'm looking forward to the finished build

23 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Now I just need to buy the PSUs, maybe the new ASRock motherboard that's coming soon, a new CPU, maybe more RAM, and a graphics card that actually fits :P

Fits and doesn't melt the plastic xD

Spoiler

image.png.378d6929146d2998c33db2a021e60955.png

• 6 months later...

NECROOOOOOO

Yes it's been hilariously long but exams got in the way and sheer lack of will meant that I didn't really do much. But now, I've gotten myself the dream card, an R9 Nano, I've gotten an A300M-STX, I've gotten an R5 2400G, and I'm waiting on a much better M.2 to PCIe x4 riser. I'm also designing a new case because lmao why not.

Spoiler

image.png.a1b03e34be558dc998ff8efdbac57db7.png

image.png.53d01f51279ad0588db87068954a1b68.png

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

So a few changes later and I've now got the case divided into 3 pieces.

Spoiler

d16c66719c8a50777410dfb485e270ae.png

The base layer will contain the HDPLEX AC-DC 400W piece and the motherboard. Still sorting out positions for all the connectors and whatnot.

Spoiler

17929738d8a026254b3559354e4db225.png

Next layer up contains the graphics card and the DC-DC unit. Cabling will be a god damn mess.

Spoiler

c5506b0eca133a4c19922df0afcefee3.png

Final layer is just the roof, but I needed to separate it just so I could install the graphics card and the DC-DC PSU lol

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Is this the final stage before the breadbox is finally built? What are the other challenges? After all the sweat, blood and tears, will theRandomness finally get his dream PC built?

Find out next time, airing...in a million years! 

On a side note, can I report this post for thread necro-ing? :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Is this the final stage before the breadbox is finally built? What are the other challenges? After all the sweat, blood and tears, will theRandomness finally get his dream PC built?

Find out next time, airing...in a million years! 

On a side note, can I report this post for thread necro-ing? :P 

Probably not lmao I still need to buy the PSUs, but I've got everything else I want. This version is most likely going to be printed out and used, though. I also might come up with a better design in the future, who knows.

Hmm. I don't know, actually, oops

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I'm actually amazed that someone is trying to build a PC in such a small volume, by choice!! I'm building a PC into a Dreamcast, that is approximately 2.8L and I've been struggling massively. Although just to note I too am considering getting some of the VLP DDR4 from Innodisk xD I had to make a thinner GPU to fit in the case with normal sized ram, so I think with the VLP I'll have a more comfortable amount of space.

Check out my build thread if you'd like  :) 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷