Fan question

spree

Hello, so It's finally time for me to upgrade my fractal design r3 120mm fans. I was thinking to go with Noctua NF-P14s redux-900 140mm

Now, would it be bad if I replaced all 120mm fans with 140mm, but I cannot have a 140mm in the rear of my chassi, so that means 
2- 140mm front
2- 140mm top
1-120mm rear

Would that be okay? Or should I just go with 120mm all around?

-Thanks

It's fine it doesn't matter what sizes it's air flow thy matters

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

17 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

It's fine it doesn't matter what sizes it's air flow thy matters

So it doesnt like give negative airflow or something? It's fine putting 140mm fans and 120mm fans in the same case? Should I always try and get 140mm fans where I can and just 120mm where a 140mm wouldnt fit?

30 minutes ago, spree said:

So it doesnt like give negative airflow or something? It's fine putting 140mm fans and 120mm fans in the same case? Should I always try and get 140mm fans where I can and just 120mm where a 140mm wouldnt fit?

It's more positive air flow it's just fine

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

11 hours ago, spree said:

If you have 2 front intakes, 2 top exhausts and 1 rear exhaust, thats negative to start with. 2x140mm move more air than 2x120mm. But if there's anything in way of airflow, it becomes less effective. So 2x140mm front in and 2x120mm top out running at same speed would be close to neutral.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

LoGiCalDrm is right, personally id recommend spending your money on on nf-f12 fans, as long as you can afford them. 

What case do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case do you have?

Phanteks p400s

9 hours ago, spree said:

Phanteks p400s

Either 3x120mm or 2x140mm front intake would be fine. 

What are you swapping out your fans for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Either 3x120mm or 2x140mm front intake would be fine. 

What are you swapping out your fans for?

See original post

Just now, spree said:

See original post

I don't see an answer in the OP.

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I don't see an answer in the OP.

Noctua NF-P14s redux-900 140mm

1 minute ago, spree said:

Noctua NF-P14s redux-900 140mm

Oh, I used a poor choice of words. I was asking about why you were replacing your fans. What sort of improvement are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Oh, I used a poor choice of words. I was asking about why you were replacing your fans. What sort of improvement are you looking for?

Mostly noise level. 

2 minutes ago, spree said:

Mostly noise level. 

What speed are you running the R3's at?

Do you have a 120mm in mind for the rear exhaust? If you like Redux colors, a NF-S12B would be good.