Best "futurproof" (please don't hurt me x) mobo under 200 bucks

Go to solution Solved by The Benjamins,
16 minutes ago, MrVint said:

now I'm between the AsRock Z270 extreme4 and the asus StrixE or the Asus StrixF and the MSI M5  :) 

all 3 of those are good boards and they are almost the same feature wise, so it really doesn't matter. I like AsRock boards.

Hi everbody, i really need help, idk what mobo buy between Z270F, Z270E, AsRosk extreme4, MSI Z270 GAMING M5 and Gigabyte Z270 gaming 5. I want a "futurproof" mobo (ik ik, this word isn't welcome) With most features possible (2xM2, U2, thunderbolt 3 if possible, lot of USB/Sata 6bs... ) under 200 bucks. OC doesn't have a reallly big impact, so i will not really really care about this point. But if you have it an other one has to propose me, you will be welcome! :):) Thks ! 

hard to say really on mobos .. will intel /amd change sockets next year ? hoooknows? will usb be replaced with thunderbolt?

best you can do is make sure it will have plenty pci lanes/slots a m.2 slot or 2 and usb c type connector

MIS is good GIgabyte is the same both good and pretty much have the same thing I would go for the one you like the most / fists what you need in a motherboard / price

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

Depends on what you want by future proof, Intel boards usually have more features that you could use down the road, while AMD supports their sockets for longer which allows for longer CPU upgrades.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Depends on what you want by future proof, Intel boards usually have more features that you could use down the road, while AMD supports their sockets for longer which allows for longer CPU upgrades.

7 minutes ago, will2135 said:

MIS is good GIgabyte is the same both good and pretty much have the same thing I would go for the one you like the most / fists what you need in a motherboard / price

7 minutes ago, Loot said:

hard to say really on mobos .. will intel /amd change sockets next year ? hoooknows? will usb be replaced with thunderbolt?

But, you can't really advise me one ? :)

Just now, MrVint said:

I asked what are you looking for, features to use later like extra M.2 for NVME down the road or are you looking for a board which you can swap new CPU's into them when they come out later? then I can help find something.

7 minutes ago, MrVint said:

best you can do is make sure it will have plenty pci lanes/slots, a m.2 slot or 2, and usb c type connector

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

I asked what are you looking for, features to use later like extra M.2 for NVME down the road or are you looking for a board which you can swap new CPU's into them when they come out later? then I can help find something.

Just now, Loot said:

best you can do is make sure it will have plenty pci lanes/slots, a m.2 slot or 2, and usb c type connector

Okey thks :)

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Is U2 really usefull ? :(

27 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

now I'm between the AsRock Z270 extreme4 and the asus StrixE or the Asus StrixF and the MSI M5  :) 

asus prime x370-pro is a reasonably priced AM4 board with the top end chipset (£144 here in Blighty). AMD tends to keep its sockets longer that intel which i guess you could say is 'future proofing'. No thunderbolt though obviously.  

16 minutes ago, MrVint said:

all 3 of those are good boards and they are almost the same feature wise, so it really doesn't matter. I like AsRock boards.