Triple your Battery Life for FREE! THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS!

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it'd just be nice if more people would look at things other people do and think "why did this person do this" instead of thinking "how can i twist this to make it offensive to me" a tad more often.

if you are going to make a claim about tripling battery life, it should be compared to REAL WORLD usage, when you say cars get better gas mileage on the highway you assume reasonable driving not driving 100 MPH pedal to the metal the whole time. I get this is the "extreme scenario" of worst case to best case, but the fact is basically no one is doing the worst case scenario so it's not a good metric and skews the improvement results sorta like how when Paul's Hardware does a dollars per frame to show what is the best bang for the buck on video cards (comparing like a RX480 to a 1080ti) but then uses FPS numbers that are limited by the game engine on 1080p with a 1080ti, the frame limits of the game engines at lower resolutions skews the average FPS per dollar to be much lower then it would be played at ever, making the RX480 appear to be a better value when looked at from a frames per dollar number, when it could actually be much different if you eliminated any results that where frame limited by the game engine. Basically it's a questioning of the methodology of the tests leading to unrealistic results.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

if you are going to make a claim about tripling battery life, it should be compared to REAL WORLD usage, when you say cars get better gas mileage on the highway you assume reasonable driving not driving 100 MPH pedal to the metal the whole time. I get this is the "extreme scenario" of worst case to best case, but the fact is basically no one is doing the worst case scenario so it's not a good metric and skews the improvement results sorta like how when Paul's Hardware does a dollars per frame to show what is the best bang for the buck on video cards (comparing like a RX480 to a 1080ti) but then uses FPS numbers that are limited by the game engine on 1080p with a 1080ti, the frame limits of the game engines at lower resolutions skews the average FPS per dollar to be much lower then it would be played at ever, making the RX480 appear to be a better value when looked at from a frames per dollar number, when it could actually be much different if you eliminated any results that where frame limited by the game engine. Basically it's a questioning of the methodology of the tests leading to unrealistic results.

but all you just said is unrelated to clickbait.

Just now, manikyath said:

but all you just said is unrelated to clickbait.

well to some skewed results from unrealistic testing is clickbait, I didn't personally call it that because I understand the reasoning behind the test methodology, even if I disagree with it, but I can understand why some would consider it to be clickbait, I mean it is misleading, the average person isn't going to triple there battery life (like the title says) using these tricks, because they weren't doing half the stuff to begin with.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

well to some skewed results from unrealistic testing is clickbait, I didn't personally call it that because I understand the reasoning behind the test methodology, even if I disagree with it, but I can understand why some would consider it to be clickbait, I mean it is misleading, the average person isn't going to triple there battery life (like the title says) using these tricks, because they weren't doing half the stuff to begin with.

it is clickbait when the title or thumbnail is not what is in the video, did he or did he not (within margin) triple battery life, however unrealistic his "baseline" was?

Putting aside who uses a keyboard on battery or not, For me this is like the 4th video I'm not even going to bother clicking on, where I used to watch all of them and excited for a new one. and yes the title does have something to do with it but more so I just couldn't be bothered to have battery saving explained or other base level tech things, or hell see another how to build a computer, Where are the Case reviews, fun project builds or really cool ideas and making it work. 

Really sad but hey at least we have jays2c, Bitwit and Canucks. 

Say what you want about Jay but at least as his channel has grown he has actually gotten more personal and cares about his content. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it is clickbait when the title or thumbnail is not what is in the video, did he or did he not (within margin) triple battery life, however unrealistic his "baseline" was?

the video title is "Triple YOUR Battery life ......." since most people can't do half these tricks because they weren't doing those things to start with the title is by definition clickbait, if it was, "How WE Tripled the battery life on a Laptop" then it would not be clickbait.

Wording is important.

that said the video does have useful information of all the different windows battery saving tricks, so once you get past the stupid ones like unplug RGB peripherals you do have some useful info.

1 hour ago, shadowbyte said:

what the actual fuck is that title

also, who the hell attaches an external keyboard to their fucking laptop

I do, I plop my 10keyless mechanical board over my laptop's keyboard when i game

11 minutes ago, turnt marshfellow said:

I do, I plop my 10keyless mechanical board over my laptop's keyboard when i game

I sit corrected

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

22 minutes ago, turnt marshfellow said:

you game on battery? so you only play games for 20 minutes?

44 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you game on battery? so you only play games for 20 minutes?

He never said he games on battery..

3 minutes ago, Wolther said:

He never said he games on battery..

well thats kinda implied with the subject of the thread.

when this doesn't matter for the laptop i have, because it always get 2-3 hours battery life

Doesn't matter if the quality of the content goes down the drain, as long as those $$ keeps rolling in.

Gotta be able to hire those new writers tho, to make more content like this. 
2078fff-jpg.36659

all power saving measures make a laptop less productive and make your work take longer to complete. its best to start with a good laptop. For me a laptop is either rated for 9 hours of use or I must bring a power brick with me.

i know how to make your battery infinite. never turn on your laptop.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

12 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

all power saving measures make a laptop less productive and make your work take longer to complete. its best to start with a good laptop. For me a laptop is either rated for 9 hours of use or I must bring a power brick with me.

i know how to make your battery infinite. never turn on your laptop.

i quite like my quadcore i7 at 800MHz, but thats mostly because i didnt really need a quadcore i7 in the first place :P

4 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

the video title is "Triple YOUR Battery life ......." since most people can't do half these tricks because they weren't doing those things to start with the title is by definition clickbait, if it was, "How WE Tripled the battery life on a Laptop" then it would not be clickbait.

Wording is important.

that said the video does have useful information of all the different windows battery saving tricks, so once you get past the stupid ones like unplug RGB peripherals you do have some useful info.

the video is written up in a guide type format, so it is about how to increase *your* battery life ;)

if we pull that statement of yours trough.. any video of this nature would be "clickbait" to me, because one of my laptops is pretty much at peak battery efficiency, and the other one only runs linux. as well as both of them being from before the era of backlit keyboards. how much of it applies to you is up for question, but the truth is that in their guide, if you'd start with the same baseline, you could triple your battery life as well, and if you started with a better baseline, it could be considered as "you having already put in some efforts".

as for the RGB peripherals.. i met some people in college who would be amazed that just getting rid of that keyboard they carry around and dealing with a laptop keyboard can save that much battery.. realise that if you made it to this forum, you're essentially already in a "select elite" in terms of computer savvy-ness. to you it makes sense that all that crap plugged in drains power, to A LOT of people it doesnt.

The trick: Hold down your power button for 5 seconds... That's it, till it stops glowing... Wait for the screen to go into "off" mode, and then your done. Practically a year of battery retained.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the video is written up in a guide type format, so it is about how to increase *your* battery life ;)

if we pull that statement of yours trough.. any video of this nature would be "clickbait" to me, because one of my laptops is pretty much at peak battery efficiency, and the other one only runs linux. as well as both of them being from before the era of backlit keyboards. how much of it applies to you is up for question, but the truth is that in their guide, if you'd start with the same baseline, you could triple your battery life as well, and if you started with a better baseline, it could be considered as "you having already put in some efforts".

as for the RGB peripherals.. i met some people in college who would be amazed that just getting rid of that keyboard they carry around and dealing with a laptop keyboard can save that much battery.. realise that if you made it to this forum, you're essentially already in a "select elite" in terms of computer savvy-ness. to you it makes sense that all that crap plugged in drains power, to A LOT of people it doesnt.

The title says "Triple YOUR   Battery Life", if EVERYONE can't do it then the title is a LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF they just called it "Guide to Maximize your Battery Life", then it wouldn't be an issue but whatever,

I GIVE UP, you can't or aren't getting it.

4 hours ago, manikyath said:

No rules against that. I think part of the reason Linus chooses his clickbait titles is to poke at the community. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Daniel644 said:

I GIVE UP, you can't or aren't getting it.

i just explained you why they quite simply cant do an "everyone" thing..

and if you cant deal with that, maybe its time for you to go contemplate life and potentially go search a different community, if you clearly hate everything the big man does ;)

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

No rules against that. I think part of the reason Linus chooses his clickbait titles is to poke at the community. 

i'm actually pretty sure thats part of why he pokes at the edges that often :P

Just now, manikyath said:

i just explained you why they quite simply cant do an "everyone" thing..

and if you cant deal with that, maybe its time for you to go contemplate life and potentially go search a different community, if you clearly hate everything the big man does ;)

i'm actually pretty sure thats part of why he pokes at the edges that often :P

Dude SERIOUSLY STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are only making yourself look like a fanboy if you can't admit to the things I've explained and I don't have the time or patience to deal with Fanboys.