Triple your Battery Life for FREE! THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS!

Maybe I can get more than two hours on low usage

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Alright this just takes the piss now, most of them weren't clickbait but just cringey, this is just scummy af for a title and you guys know it 

But whatever brings them dollars in right

what the actual fuck is that title

also, who the hell attaches an external keyboard to their fucking laptop

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I haven't been one of these to get really upset and triggered over the recent change in format, but it's this kind of shit that is slowly dragging YouTube down in the dumps.You know how all you content creators cry about how little you're now getting from ads etc. and how YouTube is dying, well, guess who's to blame. 

Also seriously who runs Full Brightness with everything turned up and RGB accessories as a baseline? I don't even run that, i've got the backlight on the laptop keyboard, screen brightness 2 clicks down from full and no accessories for wired use (unless i'm doing work that requires a mouse), on Battery it depends how long I will need to go, if the power is knocked out by a storm i'll crank everything down to maximize the amount of video I can get otherwise i'm always close enough to an outlet.

14 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

who is using a keyboard and mouse when running on battery?

THAT is a really good question

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

2 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Razer has shit trackpad... there is a market, they ripped off the MacBook Pro without copying the trackpad. 

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

seriously, if i'm on battery it's because i'm moving around, i'm not in a position to be using a keyboard and mouse, let alone wanting to drag them around with me. But then again, this is Linus who uses a laptop on the WAN show he only plugs in when the battery is getting low despite the charging cord end being 6 inches away from the spot it plugs into on the desk.

And whatever you do W10 shitty power management will run updates and telemetry anyway and all of this was a waste.

And for the keyboard and mouse. Have you tested the keyboard and trackpads of cheap laptops? They are atrocious and unusable. I was about to get one of those pointing pens dads use for Ipads because using the finger on my friends laptop was so awfull

Jesus Christ...

You guys have explained your position before, and it's understandable, but you have to realize that this sort of title is a completely different story.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

26 minutes ago, AUniqueName said:

Alright this just takes the piss now, most of them weren't clickbait but just cringey, this is just scummy af for a title and you guys know it 

while i feel that this one is indeed quite edgy, if you think what searches this one is gonna pop up in, it may make some silly kind of sense:

every time someone goes to google for ways to save battery life, they're spammed with all kinds of articles and videos just saying shit without properly testing it, and then there's the LTT video with some *actual* results.

and in some way.. including his completely silly "baseline", he's not wrong about the tripling :P

20 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

who is using a keyboard and mouse when running on battery?

"that dude" in class who always brings his shitpad pro and then hooks up his gaming peripherals to it to type obnoxiously loud in the middle of class.

and yes, i know several of those people.

postulation: there may have been a larger than 6% savings from lowering the resolution if anything more graphically intensive than the desktop was being run

Spotify isn't a UWP app as stated at around 7:45 in the video. It sure isn't on the Windows Store.

no spotify app.png

Just now, Jrbnrbr said:

postulation: there may have been a larger than 6% savings from lowering the resolution if anything more graphically intensive than the desktop was being run

but gaming on battery is a joke either way. (insert personal experience here.)

although, i have to say, running epsxe on my laptop does somehow make it last significantly longer than just sitting at the desktop. not that i've been able to replicate that with a different program or a different laptop.

just samsung things i guess.. :D

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

but gaming on battery is a joke either way. (insert personal experience here.)

definitely, but perhaps video playback would see benefits at lower res

not that its a big deal, just a slight critique of methodology

Just now, Jrbnrbr said:

definitely, but perhaps video playback would see benefits at lower res

not that its a big deal, just a slight critique of methodology

pretty sure that they tested video playback ;)

17 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Also seriously who runs Full Brightness with everything turned up and RGB accessories as a baseline? I don't even run that, i've got the backlight on the laptop keyboard, screen brightness 2 clicks down from full and no accessories for wired use (unless i'm doing work that requires a mouse), on Battery it depends how long I will need to go, if the power is knocked out by a storm i'll crank everything down to maximize the amount of video I can get otherwise i'm always close enough to an outlet.

This is probably the most realistic use case. As far as the title of the video goes, it probably makes sense to assume that this is intended for people who aren't smart with their battery usage enough to do this. IMO a shortened version of this could be made into a techquickie video instead.
Btw do you figure a wireless USB mouse would use more battery life than a wired (RGB) mouse?

9 minutes ago, Emm See Ride said:

This is probably the most realistic use case. As far as the title of the video goes, it probably makes sense to assume that this is intended for people who aren't smart with their battery usage enough to do this. IMO a shortened version of this could be made into a techquickie video instead.
Btw do you figure a wireless USB mouse would use more battery life than a wired (RGB) mouse?

you could use a USB power meter to test the draw of different USB devices. FYI, by screen setting, keyboards backlight and all that at the beginning is my typical wired use, only in power outages to I start flipping things off.

30 minutes ago, manikyath said:

while i feel that this one is indeed quite edgy, if you think what searches this one is gonna pop up in, it may make some silly kind of sense:

every time someone goes to google for ways to save battery life, they're spammed with all kinds of articles and videos just saying shit without properly testing it, and then there's the LTT video with some *actual* results.

and in some way.. including his completely silly "baseline", he's not wrong about the tripling :P

"that dude" in class who always brings his shitpad pro and then hooks up his gaming peripherals to it to type obnoxiously loud in the middle of class.

and yes, i know several of those people.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work for them, obviously it does otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. My point is that sometimes you just have to make a little sacrifice for 

oFeYNpD.gif

Just now, AUniqueName said:

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work for them, obviously it does otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. My point is that sometimes you just have to make a little sacrifice for 

it'd just be nice if more people would look at things other people do and think "why did this person do this" instead of thinking "how can i twist this to make it offensive to me" a tad more often.