Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo custom ROM?

Hi,

I have a Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo. I've had it for about 3 years and now I want to try something different by installing a new version of Android on it. However, for the life of me I can't find anything like Lollipop 5.0 to use on it or Marshmallow 6.0 as a custom ROM for it... Does anyone know where I could find them for me to use? Or even just give me the link straight to a possible ROM?

I already use KitKat version 4.4.4. If I can't get it working, then I have a Kindle coming in the post soon so I can try it on that instead.

Thanks, BP

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Have you tried xda?

Yeah but I can't seem to find anything useful through it. Someone said "theres no root, recovery so definately no custom roms. i dont think theres that much interest in the phone for anyone to take the time to develop for it. i got one given to mess around with and yulong/vodafone have crippled the phone , its got the most basic stock recovery without even sideload option and fastboot is useless, all it says is fastboot mode with no options to do anything, also the bootloader is locked tight and firmware is cpb, it would take someone special to crack this phone.
Just to clarify if your running android 4.4.2 it can be rooted but 4.4.4 doesnt root on this phone or the 890n version"

However, I have tried myself and there is a function to 'apply update from sd card' which surely must be for the OS right? Or am I wrong on this...

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah but I can't seem to find anything useful through it. Someone said "theres no root, recovery so definately no custom roms. i dont think theres that much interest in the phone for anyone to take the time to develop for it. i got one given to mess around with and yulong/vodafone have crippled the phone , its got the most basic stock recovery without even sideload option and fastboot is useless, all it says is fastboot mode with no options to do anything, also the bootloader is locked tight and firmware is cpb, it would take someone special to crack this phone.
Just to clarify if your running android 4.4.2 it can be rooted but 4.4.4 doesnt root on this phone or the 890n version"

However, I have tried myself and there is a function to 'apply update from sd card' which surely must be for the OS right? Or am I wrong on this...

If there is a ROM that you can sideload onto your sdcard and flash it with gAPPS then maybe. This phone looks pretty much dead and I would just buy a new one if your budget allows

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

If there is a ROM that you can sideload onto your sdcard and flash it with gAPPS then maybe. This phone looks pretty much dead and I would just buy a new one if your budget allows

Fair enough aha, I shall leave it be for the meantime then. Thanks anyway xD

My Rig: