3 Fans 1 LNC Cable or 3 Fans 3 LNC Cables

Hi Peoples,

(3 Pin Fans)

does anybody know which way is best to connect the low noise cables (LNC) that come with when using multiple fans with splitterl... when I connect 3 fans with splitter to the mainboard the rpm's look right and if I insert 1 LNC cable between MB and splitter the rpm's look all weird running from 0 to tens of thousands of rpm's !!!!....  I have not tried using 3 LNC cables one for each fan do to limited space in the cable shrouts...  does anybody know if this matters ???

thanks for the help

Joe

Do rpms matter when you are using LNA? If they do, just control fans with mobo software. Which LNA it is?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do rpms matter when you are using LNA? If they do, just control fans with mobo software. Which LNA it is?

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

to me rpm's matter, the mobo software shows the same wierd rpm readings as the bios... could something like this burn out or damage the fan header on the mainboard.... this is what I am trying to find out?

Just now, Mac-Joe said:

to me rpm's matter, the mobo software shows the same wierd rpm readings as the bios... could something like this burn out or damage the fan header on the mainboard.... this is what I am trying to find out?

If it shows normal rpm when there isn't LNA, or if just one of hub fans has LNA, then its not issue with header.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You're not supposed to split the LNA to multiple fans. Use one LNA per fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You're not supposed to split the LNA to multiple fans. Use one LNA per fan. 

thanks to all for the help !

so you are saying never use anytype of low noise cable/adapter before a splitter, allways after a splitter and one low noise cable/adapter to each fan on the splitter ???

thx

Joe

8 hours ago, Mac-Joe said:

thanks to all for the help !

so you are saying never use anytype of low noise cable/adapter before a splitter, allways after a splitter and one low noise cable/adapter to each fan on the splitter ???

thx

Joe

If it's a resistor, yes. Only use one per fan unless it comes with a manual that says otherwise.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.