Basic build vs instant costly

(I'm aware others may have posted the same thing before but Is like to talk about my version of it)

I've been wondering lately, for my purposes, is it better to build something basic, like, weaker or older gpu, gpu and not as much ram, cheap case etc.

It'd be for the purposes of gaming, possibly recording and editing as well as things like youtube, anime streaming and general browsing.

On the other hand, I'd like to build a more costly mid range-high end pc, around 1000$, things like an i5, rx 460 or better, ssd, more ram, better case, quality psu, probably would use a good board in both though.

Now, which do you guys think is a better option sunce I can't afford the whole thing in one go at the moment and my paycheck doesn't leave much to save up.

I would also need at least good peripherals and a monitor.

Oh, I should also mention I live in Croatia.

2 minutes ago, Lidge1337 said:

(I'm aware others may have posted the same thing before but Is like to talk about my version of it)

I've been wondering lately, for my purposes, is it better to build something basic, like, weaker or older gpu, gpu and not as much ram, cheap case etc.

It'd be for the purposes of gaming, possibly recording and editing as well as things like youtube, anime streaming and general browsing.

On the other hand, I'd like to build a more costly mid range-high end pc, around 1000$, things like an i5, rx 460 or better, ssd, more ram, better case, quality psu, probably would use a good board in both though.

Now, which do you guys think is a better option sunce I can't afford the whole thing in one go at the moment and my paycheck doesn't leave much to save up.

I would also need at least good peripherals and a monitor.

Oh, I should also mention I live in Croatia.

Personally, i would do everything I can to save up to get a proper system. While you could get a reasonable system for cheap, if you want a proper system in the future this money will be going to waste unless you find a secondary use for the system after you buy the good one or sell it on.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

You could simply build the PC one component each paycheck(as an example) and in a few months you'll finish it.

That's what I did with my actual build. In the first month I bought the CPU and the Mobo, the second month the GPU and the PSU, the third I bought the monitor which was kinda expensive etc.

I consider this way as the best way of building a PC when your monthly budget is kinda low.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Get a single, medium-high end system.

What's your budget? I could probably put together a R5 1400 + RX 480/470/580/570 for only a couple hundreds.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Get a single, medium-high end system.

What's your budget? I could probably put together a R5 1400 + RX 480/470/580/570 for only a couple hundreds.

Well, things are expensive here for example the i5 6500 is the equivalent of 262 USD

About 1000$ at most, and even that is pretty expensive for me, maybe a bit less if possible, but I'm not sure about buying parts on sites like Amazon

1 minute ago, Lidge1337 said:

Well, things are expensive here for example the i5 6500 is the equivalent of 262 USD

Ah. Where do you live?

Sometimes it's better to get something like a used 970 or 780 or 290X or something instead of an RX 460, since it's really a much better value.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Ah. Where do you live?

Sometimes it's better to get something like a used 970 or 780 or 290X or something instead of an RX 460, since it's really a much better value.

I'm from Croatia

But is it a good idea to get used PC components, especially a GPU?

Used components (If not damaged) are still able to do a lot. These types of graphics cards are made to be durable, so their companies make sure they don't get bad reviews or that their hard work doesn't go to waste. Used components can give you much more performance for your money than brand new ones, assuming you don't get scammed.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.