My TV is not showing up in Playback Devices

Tai Tran
Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
42 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

Yes only my PC speakers show up. I plug it into the gpu hdmi. My gpu is the r9 280 (no x). I'm pretty sure this happens after a  bunch of updates I received from Windows themselves and some of my apps on the pc due to the Wannacry ransomware. I restarted the pc after tons of updates and now it's like that.

First, if you had Ransomware on your PC, please perform a pave n nuke of your entire operating system hard drive, or ensure it's clean by having a professional computer technician take a look at it. He will probably tell you to pave n nuke it anyway.

Your GPU not showing up as an audio device means that your AMD graphics drivers are either not installed correctly, or corrupt because of the update. This is normal because Microsoft can't seem to keep their hands out of other manufacturer's business. Visit AMD.com and click on Support and Drivers in the menu bar. Or click on the link below to be taken to the Windows 10 64-bit driver page.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 10 - 64

So I have my TV connected to my PC via HDMI and I've been using it just fine. One day, the TV doesn't show up in the Playback devices list anymore and I have no idea what happened. I checked Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices but nothing changes. Does anyone know the solution? Please help asap I need it to work :(

Unplug it and plug it back in?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Unplug it and plug it back in?

Nope doesn't change anything 

Bad HDMI cord?

Check to make sure the TV works with other input devices

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Jrock said:

Bad HDMI cord?

Check to make sure the TV works with other input devices

My xbox is working just fine :(

Just now, Tai Tran said:

My xbox is working just fine :(

Reinstall your drivers.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Reinstall your drivers.

Can you please specify which driver is that? And how do I do that? 

43 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Reinstall your drivers.

Displays don't have drivers for this kind of thing

Try unplugging the TV both from the computer and from power for a minute, restart the computer and then plug the TV back in.

18 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Displays don't have drivers for this kind of thing

Try unplugging the TV both from the computer and from power for a minute, restart the computer and then plug the TV back in.

I mean the GPU drivers...

21 hours ago, Tai Tran said:

So I have my TV connected to my PC via HDMI and I've been using it just fine. One day, the TV doesn't show up in the Playback devices list anymore and I have no idea what happened. I checked Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices but nothing changes. Does anyone know the solution? Please help asap I need it to work :(

So you mean it doesn't show up in your Playback Devices for playing AUDIO, yeah?

sound.png.09eabaec0937c3435b02adbbeb315ebe.png

If so, what video card are you plugging the HDMI cable into?

If not a video card, what motherboard do you have in your PC?

You can take a picture of the back of your PC if you need me to clarify.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

11 minutes ago, kirashi said:

So you mean it doesn't show up in your Playback Devices for playing AUDIO, yeah?

sound.png.09eabaec0937c3435b02adbbeb315ebe.png

If so, what video card are you plugging the HDMI cable into?

If not a video card, what motherboard do you have in your PC?

You can take a picture of the back of your PC if you need me to clarify.

Yes only my PC speakers show up. I plug it into the gpu hdmi. My gpu is the r9 280 (no x). I'm pretty sure this happens after a  bunch of updates I received from Windows themselves and some of my apps on the pc due to the Wannacry ransomware. I restarted the pc after tons of updates and now it's like that.

42 minutes ago, Tai Tran said:

First, if you had Ransomware on your PC, please perform a pave n nuke of your entire operating system hard drive, or ensure it's clean by having a professional computer technician take a look at it. He will probably tell you to pave n nuke it anyway.

Your GPU not showing up as an audio device means that your AMD graphics drivers are either not installed correctly, or corrupt because of the update. This is normal because Microsoft can't seem to keep their hands out of other manufacturer's business. Visit AMD.com and click on Support and Drivers in the menu bar. Or click on the link below to be taken to the Windows 10 64-bit driver page.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

15 minutes ago, kirashi said:

So i should just reinstall my gpu's driver and see if that helps? Do I have to uninstall it first? 

Just now, Tai Tran said:

So i should just reinstall my gpu's driver and see if that helps? Do I have to uninstall it first? 

You certainly can uninstall it normally through Add/Remove Programs and then install them again via the download from AMD's website. DO NOT USE Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) unless a regular uninstall doesn't work. People will be sure to suggest it, but it's actually only to be used when a regular uninstall won't work.

50 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You certainly can uninstall it normally through Add/Remove Programs and then install them again via the download from AMD's website. DO NOT USE Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) unless a regular uninstall doesn't work. People will be sure to suggest it, but it's actually only to be used when a regular uninstall won't work.

Thank you so much buddy. I fixed it. I just realized the AMD Catalyst whatever was messed up. Reinstalled the driver and everything is flawless now. :x