780 ti Repeatedly and Randomly Ceasing Output

My GTX 780 ti has been repeatedly ceasing video output across all its ports.

I believe this started around the time I installed driver update 382.05, at first I thought it was Fallout 4 due to reading that it caused driver issues for some in the past.

I'll be adding in some of my correspondence to the owner of the 780 ti which I am borrowing.

The 780 ti has crashed on me twice tonight during normal browsing, no games or vid editors running.  The second time its fan went full blast.  I'm going to roll back drivers and check on it via different diagnostic apps.  (The fan air wasn't warm at all, I bet it's a driver thing.)

The fans only only went to max that second time, I have not seen that behavior since.

Without touching Fallout 4 the 780 ti keeps randomly ceasing video output, no overdriven fans, it just stops outputting.

It doesn't quit when the computer is simply idling, IE I left the computer on overnight, turned my monitor on and it was fine.  Only seems to quit when the gpu is being utilized, like with chrome or premiere.  Has not stopped during a game, though I haven't been gaming often this week.

Going to post up on a few different forums.  My next steps look like connecting to the onboard graphics and flushing out all nvidia drivers, and then trying a new PCI slot if that doesn't work.

Note that the GPU has never ceased output during a game.  I haven't tried a new PCI-E slot or opened my computer case.  I'm saving that for last after I've exhausted software options.  From the fan exhaust area I can see that the 780 ti is lit even after ceasing output.

I completely uninstalled my nvidia drivers.  Though when I installed the 378.92 drivers fresh the installer was showing me that a 382.xx driver was still installed.  I thought it worked as of last night since I had no problems until I started Premiere, after about thirty seconds output ceased.

Everything was smooth.  Played a few hours of Quake 2 and a few hours of YouTube/Reddit and whatever, output ceased a few seconds after turning on premiere. ?

Restarting my computer does not work consistently.  Often there is no output, and twice I've gotten a black screen with a white line with a few blue and green dots (photo attached) after the boot screen (from different outputs).  After a longer length of time I can turn the computer back on and everything is fine.

So that's where I am now.  If there's anything more on the software side I could check I'd like to.  System specs below:

Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S

CPU: i7 6700k (factory clocks)

RAM: g.skill ripjaws V DDR4 3000MHz

GPU: nVidia GTX 780 ti ("founders edition")

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova G3 650w Gold

Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and 2TB HGST/Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 7200rpm

Everything had been running smoothly since March 12th with no issues.  Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

Has the 780ti used for any crypto currency or has it been OC'ed at all?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

5 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Has the 780ti used for any crypto currency or has it been OC'ed at all?

Neither.  No crypto currency and from my knowledge it's never been overclocked.

3 minutes ago, ShaunKL said:

Neither.  No crypto currency and from my knowledge it's never been overclocked.

Ok I was just wondering because it might be that

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

14 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ok I was just wondering because it might be that

Like a hidden bitcoin miner somewhere?

Just now, ShaunKL said:

Like a hidden bitcoin miner somewhere?

I mean to say it might have been it