Arctic Blue [build log]

Mr.Meerkat
1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

I want the 1700 so badly

And I want the i9-7820X! :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

And I want the i9-7820X! :P

Then I want a dual epyc system with 4tb ram

First update is up!

Literally just some high quality pictures and cable management. ;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

First update is up!

Literally just some high quality pictures and cable management. ;)

paint it white with blue accents around cutouts and stuff on the insied

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

paint it white with blue accents around cutouts and stuff on the insied

Tempted to grab a can of matte blue and go ham on the insides and mesh :)

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Tempted to grab a can of matte blue and go ham on the insides and mesh :)

could look pretty sweat but i think your piples wouldent stand out much if you did

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Slightly off topic but it is kinda relevant so here's a peek of my new (still WIP) desk set up ;)

tmp-cam-419622884.jpg.4abdad8139dab24d3c169b081462c32c.jpg

Again, try to ignore some of the cables, I need extentions/longer cables as all but one cable is too short.

Also, @PCGuy_5960 and @Ethocreeper, I got my hands on a Bizlink (aka OEM of dell's and sapphire's) display port to dual link dvi adapter for £35, I guess that fury wasn't much cheaper after all...ah well, only if it's name was nitro rather than Trixx...

On a side note, ignore how literally the KLM 747 model is like the only other white/blue thing in the picture and yes, the set of drawers will be replaced by another one that matches better in colour.

@Mr.Meerkat Since the system is blue and white, I think that you should have kept your 5820K and gotten an X99M Extreme4.... Then you would have been able to buy a 1070 or 1080 :D

But anyways, nice build ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

BTW, @Mr.Meerkat, do you still have the 5820K? If you have it, it would be interesting to see a 1700 vs 5820K comparison (If you can do that, of course :))

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

BTW, @Mr.Meerkat, do you still have the 5820K? If you have it, it would be interesting to see a 1700 vs 5820K comparison (If you can do that, of course :))

Shipped it off this morning :/

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

@Mr.Meerkat Since the system is blue and white, I think that you should have kept your 5820K and gotten an X99M Extreme4.... Then you would have been able to buy a 1070 or 1080 :D

But anyways, nice build ;)

But that's not white...literally the only reason i got that specific motherboard was how it was white PCB with silver n blue caps/heatsinks...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Shipped it off this morning :/

Oh, OK. Don't worry about it :D

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

But that's not white...literally the only reason i got that specific motherboard was how it was white PCB with silver n blue caps/heatsinks...

But it is BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :P

11 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Oh, OK. Don't worry about it :D

But it is BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :P

I guess it would have given me a reason to not paint the insides...

Ah well, still debating whether I should paint the internals blue or not...

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I guess it would have given me a reason to not paint the insides...

Ah well, still debating whether I should paint the internals blue or not...

Paint the motherboard heatsinks blue and paint the sides of the radiators :D

34 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Slightly off topic but it is kinda relevant so here's a peek of my new (still WIP) desk set up ;)

tmp-cam-419622884.jpg.4abdad8139dab24d3c169b081462c32c.jpg

your plane matches your colors perfectly!!!

@PCGuy_5960 I'll probably end up not painting the internals till a later date. Currently I CBA nor have the time to paint it as ya know, just moved house :P

On 5/25/2017 at 3:36 AM, Mr.Meerkat said:

My build, it's white and blue, white is primary while blue is secondary, deal with it :)

On a side note, what kind of paint would you use to paint a case?

I used some Primer to paint my plastic mouse and keyboard. It costs me like 5CAD only for each can. 

Also gotta give props to MSI for making caps blue

As I promised an update on Monday (I.e. Today), here we go...

All WC parts ordered and consists of:

Fittings-EK ACF Blue 13/10mm compression fittings 

CPU block-XSPC Raystorm 

GPU block-EK fury block 

Pump/res-10W DDC and XSPC res combo

Rad 1-EK SE240 painted white

Rad 2-XSPC white 240mm rad

Tubing-13/10mm white which under UV turns blue

Fans: 2x enermax and 2x SP120

Issue: royal mail required us to actually add ourselves onto the system meaning no mail has been delivered (I.e. Still haven't received my extentions).

Sorry, no pictures or anything as I haven't received anything xD

Minor Update:

Cable extensions, all watercooling parts received. 

Expect "major update" 2 tomorrow :D 

Ryzen 7 1700 (as it's an upgrade) 0

MSI B350M Arctic (cause it's white) +1

Crucial ballistix white 2x8GB DDR4 (cause It's white) +1

Sapphire Fury cooled by a EK block 

XFX XXX 850watt (it once again is back in duty) with blue phanteks extentions.

White air 240 +1

MX100 256GB (don't need anything better)

WD black 1TB +1

Total: 4/7

I must be fun at parties..........................

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Huh? o_O 

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

yah well i wouldent want to party with anyone from this forum anyway, id rather be building computers :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah well i wouldent want to party with anyone from this forum anyway, id rather be building computers :P 

What if its a lan party?

3 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

What if its a lan party?

well... then id go. cant say no to anoying everyone with playing Paladins for the entire thing :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well... then id go. cant say no to anoying everyone with playing Paladins for the entire thing :P 

Can someone do one in Cyprus?

No...

Better late than never...

Anyway, got the loop installed after spending 9 hours on it xD 

Write up will unfortunately come tomorrow as I iz too tired to do it right now...

Anyway, temps looks absolutely amaze balls right now, GPU idles at 23C while CPU idles at 24C :) 

Well all I know is that when watercooling, you really really really need to plan ahead. Fucking 5M worth of tubing, less than 1.5M is left as I wasted so much xD 

Edit: Heaven (stock fury)+adia (1700@4.7GHz, 1.3V), currently is sitting at 48C for CPU (and has more or less leveled it seems) and 30C for the GPU...holy balls, I really need to turn the fans down as I'd be happy with 60C and a lot less noise (motherboard is blasting 2 of the fans at 100% for some reason :/)