issues with my google pixel

Xizerz

I got a white google pixel for Christmas, which was a major upgrade from my droid razr maxx hd that lasted me for a few years with little to no visible damage. About a week into using it I found a pixel that was stuck on blue, so I tried the standard apply pressure on it technique and it was fixed easily. As I got more comfortable with my phone I began noticing small things that kept bugging me. The vibration motor always sounded very resonant (also when I would just tap on the back of the phone) and I thought that was a bit odd. I also started noticing loads of micro scratches on the back and front glass after only a month or two. I make sure to handle my phones with care, making sure to wipe off any surface I placed it on and making sure I dont lay it down on the front glass and dedicating a pocket to just my phone, but I kept getting more and more scratches around the earpiece and on the back around the camera and sensors. About two months ago someone smacked my phone and I dropped it and it got a couple tiny cracks going from the bottom to the left side of the phone, they offered to replace it but I saw how much replacement screens were and I told them no it's fine it's not a big crack or anything major. After that I was trying to be extra careful with it, trying to set it down on soft surfaces like mousepads and couches and beds or just in my pocket, but I kept getting deeper and deeper scratches with one on the back that spans half the height of the glass and that's deep enough where my fingernail will get stopped by it if I try to slide it over. A few weeks ago I was using it like normal and when I go to wake it up I notice the stuck pixel is back, so I do the procedure I did before where I just pushed down on it, but when I turned the screen back on it was still there. I tried it a few more times and a few tries later I turn it back on and the entire column of pixels is green, with the one pixel still stuck. I restarted the device to see if it was some bug with android and it was still there. I also noticed later that when the line is over anything white, it turns pink. I decided to run one of those dead pixel finder apps that just shows one solid color and when it is black, grey or blue, the line is green, when it is red it appears yellow (maybe just because it's so thin), when the screen is green the line turns black or something darker than green and when it turns white the line is pink. The stuck pixel stays a solid blue color and ignores whatever brightness the screen is but the line will be in sync with the brightness of the display and also becomes warmer with the night light option turned on.

Basically I had heard in reviews that it's a solidly build phone and doesn't scratch easily and has a nice premium feel, but my experience has been the opposite. I want to know if I received a faulty device and if there's anything I can do about these issues i'm having. Also, would this still be covered under warranty because I was having issues before my screen cracked? Basically any help would be appreciated.

On 2017-5-25 at 2:01 AM, Xizerz said:

Basically I had heard in reviews that it's a solidly build phone and doesn't scratch easily and has a nice premium feel, but my experience has been the opposite. I want to know if I received a faulty device and if there's anything I can do about these issues i'm having. Also, would this still be covered under warranty because I was having issues before my screen cracked? Basically any help would be appreciated.

wow 0-0. That is so unlucky, I think you got happened to get the faulty one in the thousands of google pixels :( 

| Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

Quite possible you had the faulty piece for you.