Will a Q9650 bottleneck a GTX 970

My friend is Reconstructing a LGA 775 PC and I was wondering if a Q9650 bottleneck a GTX 970

Thanks

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

Yes, my old 775 was actually bottlenecking my HD7870, though not by much (less than 10% if I remember right)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Yes, my old 775 was actually bottlenecking my HD7870, though not by much (less than 10% if I remember right)

I think that OP's Friend would play BF1 as the heaviest game will be on his PC. Is it enough? And I think he won't bottleneck it because most games he play are GPU Bound

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I think that OP's Friend would play BF1 as the heaviest game will be on his PC. Is it enough? And I think he won't bottleneck it because most games he play are GPU Bound

is this a troll or a serious question? battlefield 1 bottlenecks i5s, never mind cpus from 2008 :)

Just now, MrJarhead said:

is this a troll or a serious question? battlefield 1 bottlenecks i5s, never mind cpus from 2008 :)

Seriously, I've never tried troll before in this forum. So it will bottleneck even games are GPU bound?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Seriously, I've never tried troll before in this forum. So it will bottleneck even games are GPU bound?

the cpu would probably be maxed out in the majority of games, he could probably get away with games like csgo, possibly.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

the cpu would probably be maxed out in the majority of games, he could probably get away with games like csgo, possibly.

What if racing games? Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) and other racing games (NFS Shift, Hot Pursuit (HP)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

What if racing games? Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) and other racing games (NFS Shift, Hot Pursuit (HP)

he would probably pull 60fps on older titles like that.

There will be bottleneck, but if you already have good deal on GTX 970, get it, then save some money to upgrade to some i5 7500 or even g4560

2 hours ago, chexor said:

There will be bottleneck, but if you already have good deal on GTX 970, get it, then save some money to upgrade to some i5 7500 or even g4560

OP said that his friend got that GTX 970 for $202 used

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :