For those who wanted to build G4560 System, here's the solution.

If you want to go straight to the topic

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VtRjQV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VtRjQV/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Asus - H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($61.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($122.76 @ Jet) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3 (Windowless) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.89 @ Newegg) 
Total: $428.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-23 10:45 EDT-0400

"Response from builder about the "Potential Incompatibilities"

Hi, thanks! And yes, that warning is something you should keep in mind. For the G4560 to work in the H110 motherboard, the right BIOS is needed. If you'll be buying the board in a real shop and can check the serial number on the box, see my post for a trick to tell if the right BIOS is already installed. If you are ordering online, that's probably OK too, since new boards should now come with the right BIOS. But, if your board doesn't (if you somehow get older stock, for instance) then you'll need to update the BIOS yourself. There are a few ways to do this. All involve some hassle and expense. If you hit that problem when you eventually do your build, I'd be happy to help, but my guess is you won't and it'll all go smoothly."

I hope this helps you! Yes, you low budget PC Master Race!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

id stick a RX 570 in there but other then that its pretty good tbh, good PSU even

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Or there is an easier way, that is if your mobo is high end

Or for just $10 more you can get a B250 board and not have to worry about the bios version. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KWjWGX/asrock-b250m-hdv-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-b250m-hdv

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

12 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Or for just $10 more you can get a B250 board and not have to worry about the bios version. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KWjWGX/asrock-b250m-hdv-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-b250m-hdv

BUT MEH STARBUCKS

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

BUT MEH STARBUCKS

I would never pay more than $10 for a starbucks

36d525187454b60c795bf6fe4b4877f7.jpg

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I would never pay more than $10 for a starbucks

36d525187454b60c795bf6fe4b4877f7.jpg

But a starbucks a day makes your pc budget go away!

For me, at least.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 hour ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

For me, at least.

Starbucks? I can't even go on there and feel good about myself. I'll stick to either simple black coffee or Cuban coffee. Either way it's cheaper and I don't have to sound like a douche when I order. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

The thread was moved to the New Builds & Planning section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

The thread was moved to the New Builds & Planning section

this isn't my build so I thought it can be as general discussion. But thank you for your correction!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

this isn't my build so I thought it can be as general discussion. But thank you for your correction!

I know, but build suggestions should go in this section, that's why I moved it ;)

Thanks for the work BTW.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Asus - H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 

Don't pair a G4560 with a H110 board. This board will not support this GPU out of the box. And some H110 boards maybe don't even support it at all, even after a bios update! Replace the board with a B250 one.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

1 minute ago, GrayTech said:

Don't pair a G4560 with a H110 board. This board will not support this GPU out of the box. And some H110 boards maybe don't even support it at all, even after a bios update! Replace the board with a B250 one.

That's his original build (Sensible_Systems) on PCPP, but I still gave him a shoutout for his build

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

For me, at least.

PC budget? Might as well take out a damn loan just to get that month's worth of starbucks...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Thanks for highlighting this build!

Good points came up in the comments. Just a quick note about the price issue.

The H110 vs B250 price difference depends on where you're shopping. In Australia - home sweet home for me - it is at least $20 and often more.

If the extra cost is no big deal for someone, of course, they should get a B250 and be done with it.

But for the budget-conscious, it's a question of what worth having that extra buys you: the answer, I think, is 'not much'.

This is especially true if that money could instead buy something you need/want: a wireless card, a DVD drive, even just a new game on Steam sale!

The budget build is all about spending limited funds well. 

As for the "won't support the GPU [sic] out of the box" comment, come on man, please read the thing you're commenting on. 

Thanks again for the shout-out, and I'm glad if the build guide helps some folks.

11 hours ago, sensys gaming said:

Thanks for highlighting this build!

Good points came up in the comments. Just a quick note about the price issue.

The H110 vs B250 price difference depends on where you're shopping. In Australia - home sweet home for me - it is at least $20 and often more.

If the extra cost is no big deal for someone, of course, they should get a B250 and be done with it.

But for the budget-conscious, it's a question of what worth having that extra buys you: the answer, I think, is 'not much'.

This is especially true if that money could instead buy something you need/want: a wireless card, a DVD drive, even just a new game on Steam sale!

The budget build is all about spending limited funds well. 

As for the "won't support the GPU [sic] out of the box" comment, come on man, please read the thing you're commenting on. 

Thanks again for the shout-out, and I'm glad if the build guide helps some folks.

Ummmm an H110 board has a decent chance to NOT support a G4560 without a bios update -- and in order to update the bios you need a Skylake CPU. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Ummmm an H110 board has a decent chance to NOT support a G4560 without a bios update -- and in order to update the bios you need a Skylake CPU. 

Please read the first post. 

2 hours ago, sensys gaming said:

Please read the first post. 

I did, and I stand by my comment.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I did, and I stand by my comment.

In that case, I'm confused.

I explained the BIOS issue. I described a neat trick to check if the ASUS H110M-A/m.2 board is compatible right out of the box. And I said that if the board doesn't have a recent-enough BIOS version (post-September 2016) then it'll need to be updated to work with the G4560.

So I'm not seeing what your comment adds to the discussion.

You did say updating the BIOS would require a Skylake CPU. That's not true. It's one way to do it. There are others. Another is to replace the BIOS chip. That's cheaper, if a bit more work.

(I wouldn't actually recommend that method. I'm just being pedantic 'cause I'm mildly annoyed!)

To be clear: if someone grabs a random H110 board then yes, it makes sense to say that it "has a decent chance to NOT support a G4560", but that's not the case here. 

3 hours ago, sensys gaming said:

In that case, I'm confused.

I explained the BIOS issue. I described a neat trick to check if the ASUS H110M-A/m.2 board is compatible right out of the box. And I said that if the board doesn't have a recent-enough BIOS version (post-September 2016) then it'll need to be updated to work with the G4560.

So I'm not seeing what your comment adds to the discussion.

You did say updating the BIOS would require a Skylake CPU. That's not true. It's one way to do it. There are others. Another is to replace the BIOS chip. That's cheaper, if a bit more work.

(I wouldn't actually recommend that method. I'm just being pedantic 'cause I'm mildly annoyed!)

To be clear: if someone grabs a random H110 board then yes, it makes sense to say that it "has a decent chance to NOT support a G4560", but that's not the case here. 

Yes if you have access to the actual box then you can look for the revision number (if applicable) or look up the serial number (what about fit a non Asus board? Maybe that board is $20 more than an MSI h110 board), but most people buy online and calling customer support is a gamble considering the mental capacity of most customer support employees. So you're suggesting a build which could potentially cause the majority of buyers a big headache and return shipping costs. You just don't save enough to warrant not getting a chipset that is guaranteed to work.

You could also choose your own bios while you're at it..... But clearly that's a stupid comment.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

16 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yes if you have access to the actual box then you can look for the revision number (if applicable) or look up the serial number (what about fit a non Asus board? Maybe that board is $20 more than an MSI h110 board), but most people buy online and calling customer support is a gamble considering the mental capacity of most customer support employees. So you're suggesting a build which could potentially cause the majority of buyers a big headache and return shipping costs. You just don't save enough to warrant not getting a chipset that is guaranteed to work.

You could also choose your own bios while you're at it..... But clearly that's a stupid comment.

Yes, that is a method that works if you have access to the actual box. As I said in the original post. Which you say you read but which it really seems you didn't, or at least not closely enough to be contributing usefully here.

Another thing I've already said is that the savings depend on where and when you are buying your parts. If the saving really is minimal, either in absolute terms or relative ones (meaning, that amount of money, whatever it is, just doesn't matter to you), then, again as I've already said, just get a B250.

C'mon man, I don't even know why we're arguing here. I think you think I'm suggesting something I'm not, namely, going and blindly buying a H110 board in the hope it'll just work. But that's not what I'm doing at all.

The ASUS board in the build was a carefully considered choice. It was one of the H110 boards that did get a Kaby Lake compatibility BIOS update (not all did). It is a nicely-featured H110 board in its own right, in particular because of the m.2 slot (a relative rarity in this part of the market, and one that runs at PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 is even nicer still.) So yes, this build and my advice work for that specific model, but that's *all* it was ever meant to do!

I should add: even if you cannot check the serial number on the box, or if you are buying some other brand for which my trick doesn't work, you can look up the dates that the relevant BIOS updates were released and get some idea of how old a board would have to be to *not* have a Kaby Lake-compatible BIOS. In the H110M-A/m.2 case, the BIOS update came out in September last year, so going on nine months ago, meaning you'd have to get stock older than that to get stuck with an incompatible board out of the box. Maybe you would get unlucky, but very probably not if you're buying from a high-turnover seller (e.g. Amazon). If you did get unlucky, then as I said:

On 24/05/2017 at 0:48 AM, Ordinarily_Greater said:

then you'll need to update the BIOS yourself. There are a few ways to do this. All involve some hassle and expense.

So right from the start I was giving the warning you seem to think folks now need.

Build seems good but, i'd recommend an ssd instead of a mechanical hard drive