Virtualization in Ryzen 5 1600

Hi, can somebody help me please?

Does Ryzen 5 1600 support hardware virtualization? I thought it was when I read its spec sheet. I am using MSI B350M Mortar and enabled SVM on BIOS. When I go to Task Manager it says Virtualization is enabled. When I check CPU-Z, it doesn't state there AMD-V or anything related about what I turned on the BIOS in instruction set. 

I am kind of in a predicament right now and just changed hardware so I can multitask. I have a lot of development projects lined up and some of this are about to go into production and I need to conduct test. It appears I cannot do that using this processor.

I cannot run any Android emulator, Linux or what not. VMWare keep showing error that I am running i686 CPU but not x86-64 (even though it states on CPU-Z that it does) and only show options for 32-bit OS.

I appreciate any help!

Ryzen viritualization WORKS but its not great from what i know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Jeez, I don't understand you guys, I need to run emulator on my machine and it says it can't. How can I fix this? Searching the web didn't post any yields about this topic either.

I have both the CPU and mobo you use and have found no problems with virtualization using VirtualBox (Windows 10 host, various linux distros as guests).

All I could suggest is installing Hyper-V from within Windows features, reboot, disable it, then reboot again.

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

I have both the CPU and mobo you use and have found no problems with virtualization using VirtualBox (Windows 10 host, various linux distros as guests).

All I could suggest is installing Hyper-V from within Windows features, reboot, disable it, then reboot again.

Alright, finally, something make sense, I have it enabled in Windows features, I have SVM enabled, check if virtualization is on, and then still the same. I also check if Hyper-V Virtual Hardware management is running and it is. 

1 minute ago, neonwarge04 said:

Alright, finally, something make sense, I have it enabled in Windows features, I have SVM enabled, check if virtualization is on, and then still the same. I also check if Hyper-V Virtual Hardware management is running and it is. 

Yes, but you have to disable it for VirtualBox or VMWare to work properly (allow 64 bit guests). That's always the rule, even if you don't have a Ryzen CPU.

Just now, neonwarge04 said:

Just now, JFischer00 said:

Yes, but you have to disable it for VirtualBox or VMWare to work properly (allow 64 bit guests). That's always the rule, even if you don't have a Ryzen CPU.

looks like he was faster than me :D 

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

Alright, thanks for the help guys! Turns out, that was causing it, I just disabled that feature (Hyper-V) and it now works fine!!! It is such a relief to know that Ryzen support Virtualization as some of the tools I used failed to launch. I just checked the specs page again and it says it support it. 

Thank you very much!

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2017 at 8:47 PM, neonwarge04 said:

Alright, thanks for the help guys! Turns out, that was causing it, I just disabled that feature (Hyper-V) and it now works fine!!! It is such a relief to know that Ryzen support Virtualization as some of the tools I used failed to launch. I just checked the specs page again and it says it support it. 

Thank you very much!

is android emulator working for you now ? and could plz tell what you did for it to work.....

• 2 weeks later...

@darkstar123

I am using genymotion now. Though, I really wanted to use Android Studio's emulator. I've heard you can run it on linux and it runs fast using the armeabi images.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2017 at 3:55 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ryzen viritualization WORKS but its not great from what i know

Yeah. Didn't Level1Techs do a Ryzen IOMMU thing?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

21 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah. Didn't Level1Techs do a Ryzen IOMMU thing?

you quoted me from almost 5 months ago... wow

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you quoted me from almost 5 months ago... wow

rip. didn't realize cos somebody posted recently here.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),