The "New" Surface Pro

3 hours ago, NinerL said:

$2,700 for the top model and no dedicated GPU

Wacom charged $2,500 for their top of the line Cintiq Companion 2, with the same level of hardware as the SP3, but had worse pen tracking, thermals, and battery life.

Vaio's entry Z Canvas came with a HQ Haswell, but cost $2,500 and was extremely limited. The price is right in line with competitors.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Then how is it Pro? What if you want to do graphics work on it? 

With the screen considered, an iGPU is easily enough for the Surface Pro line. RAM and storage the bigger concerns.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

49 minutes ago, dexT said:

Yes I'm assuming, being labeled pro and all.

I bought a composition notebook and a couple of pens from the dollar store at $2 for purely taking notes.

And there is professional work at all levels. I could be a professional graphic designer and a core m3 could still be plenty. 

Let me know when you can annotate on a notebook and instantly have access to your notebook from every device you own.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

34 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And there is professional work at all levels. I could be a professional graphic designer and a core m3 could still be plenty. 

Let me know when you can annotate on a notebook and instantly have access to your notebook from every device you own.

Lol calm down I know.

Can't beat the battery life and security of pen and paper. The storage medium has next to zero chance of corruption as well :)

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Tree hater!

Now that is funny! :D

I mean it's cool and all, but such price and for those specs, no. Also the fuzzy cover, not good.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea yea, same thing on every Surface Pro release. Nothing changed, beside the base model price dropping.

Wrong before they included the pen

50 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Wrong before they included the pen

And the system cost more. Same thing. While I didn't compare every model price yet. Base model was 100$ more.

Edited, because reply to goodbytes is basically same as what i said here before.

Edited by royalcrown

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Actually, the Surface Pro is aimed at Pro's. It is aimed at professionals who write notes, or draws. Students are buying it to write notes, because they seek for the best pen writing experience. Microsoft, and newly Samsung (with their Galaxy Book 10 and 12inch, yes it runs Windows 10), are the only ones that put serious tech for the pen. In addition, it is backed with models with serious performance (considering technological limitations).

The other OEMs aims at students (and the Galaxy Book 10), where they are powered by Core M or Atom (based on year), slower SSD, on most models they have a decent pen that will do the job for writing note. It doesn't use premium materials either, but the price is lower, and better fit for students who plans to write notes, use Office, surf the web, watch videos, do presentations, and so on.

Because the system has a lot of power. I used the Surface Pro 3 for school, and now work, and I see no real need to upgrade it. If I upgrade it right now, it is not because I really need it, more like "it is nice to get the better pen, the higher resolution and screen, and a bit faster SSD.

I disagree, the Apple pen is quite nice, the technology is "serious". I Do actually own the pen and the 12.9" ipad. Was going to buy a SP4, however the sheer number and magnitude of serious and unresolved issues is ridiculous !

Look what just arrived in my inbox:

SURFACE%20JASPER.png

Notice the "Jasper" up top. Wonder if MS is admitting the SP4 is a hot mess like pre Jasper 360s. Luke weigh in ...lol.

After thinking about it, Thunderbolt should be coming in the Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2.

Here is why:

• Intel Next gen mobile U series CPU (Cannonlake) should consume less power, allowing a small reduction in battery size. This is also helped by Cannonlake's 10mm process. This should also free up board space.
  • Thunderbolt will be royalty free, apparently. And assuming they don't jack up the controller price like no tomorrow to compensate.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:15 PM, djdwosk97 said:

It's still a tablet. There is a finite amount of space. And it's also not a perfect product for all tasks -- the SP/SB line is still shit as a laptop as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yea,Don't the MacBooks pack a dGPU,not the world's fastes GPU but something much better than Intel HD Graphics while being light as well,What about the HP Specter x360 or that Acer Predator Triton UltraBook with a GTX 1080. And that $2700 price tag and i7 and no dGPU,absolutely the best and it rather will become a $3000 Facebook machine.Good enough to play CS:GO but so good to play something like The Witcher 3,or is it? Rather the m3,i3 (if there was one) or maybe i5 models rather have no dGPU since that is balanced.Definately and I won't try to run Crysis,or probably I will see flames from the back of my tablet (jk).Well it would be a perfect product IF it was more cheaper like probably 1500-2000$ range.Pay 200$ more than the base model for  Acer Aspire Gaming laptop and see how BIG improvement it is.

Intel Core m3 -> Intel Core i7 

Intel HD Graphics 615 -> nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI

4 GB DDR4/DDR3L (idk) -> 16 GB DDR4

and for same price of the base model,you get the same laptop (if im right) with a i5,GTX 1050,8 GB DDR4,wtf.

and a i3 laptop with a iGPU and 5400 RPM HDD (A SSD isn't the so expensive and the thing making the $450 difference)

is $349,what about that?

They should have released it with a Ryzen Mobile CPU after that launched if they could (idk)

(I know that a normal laptop or even a gaming laptop better than this is more heavy,but still portable and nothing that a normal user or gamer can't carry or use)

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

2 hours ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

(I know that a normal laptop or even a gaming laptop better than this is more heavy,but still portable and nothing that a normal user or gamer can't carry or use)

You're comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't use a gaming laptop as my main laptop if someone gave it to me for free. The battery life would be shit and it would be heavy. Not to mention it also wouldn't have pen support, or an NVME SSD, or a tablet mode, and I don't even want a dGPU.

Compare like devices to like devices otherwise you end up looking like a jackass who can't see more than 2 inches in front of his face.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

19 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't use a gaming laptop as my main laptop if someone gave it to me for free. The battery life would be shit and it would be heavy. Not to mention it also wouldn't have pen support, or an NVME SSD, or a tablet mode, and I don't even want a dGPU.

Compare like devices to like devices otherwise you end up looking like a jackass who can't see more than 2 inches in front of his face.

Buy the Surface and then Play Crysis Without a dGPU,and then compare it to a gaming laptop,then see what happens,some gaming laptops have really good battery life and for less price than the surface with a dGPU,not everyone wants a laptop as thin as paper.You will probably think about the Acer Predator 21x,oh yeah,compare a 9000$ Gaming Desktop Grade Laptop with 2 GTX 1080's in SLI,that to a $2700 laptop with lackluster GPU power,and who wants a i7 in a tablet anyway,it will run hot as shit. Wait for theAcer Predator Triton 1700 Ultrabook and you're good to go Who really wants a Pen anyway,get a Gaming Laptop or normal laptop with a touchscreen with a cheep 1$ stylus and ur good.Almost all Gaming Laptops (or any recent ones) have a M.2 or even NVME Slots,and nvme really doesn't make a huge difference in real world tasks,and who can't pay 1000$ or more on a laptop and around 100-300$ on a nvme SSD when he can afford $2700 for a tablet with a i7.If tablet mode is really a demand,get a cheep 2 in 1 convertible tablet pc and ur done,if u want keyboard+mouse,get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse,and a Intel Atom for a tablet is enough CPU power.Ok,then what is the use of a i7 without a dGPU,better get the m3 model then,but thats overpriced. SOLUTION:Get a Older Surface or a cheep 2 in 1 tablet.

Who would use a laptop or a tablet using his face anyway

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

3 hours ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Buy the Surface and then Play Crysis Without a dGPU,and then compare it to a gaming laptop,then see what happens,some gaming laptops have really good battery life and for less price than the surface with a dGPU,not everyone wants a laptop as thin as paper.You will probably think about the Acer Predator 21x,oh yeah,compare a 9000$ Gaming Desktop Grade Laptop with 2 GTX 1080's in SLI,that to a $2700 laptop with lackluster GPU power,and who wants a i7 in a tablet anyway,it will run hot as shit. Wait for theAcer Predator Triton 1700 Ultrabook and you're good to go

Who really wants a Pen anyway,get a Gaming Laptop or normal laptop with a touchscreen

with a cheep 1$ stylus and ur good.

Almost all Gaming Laptops (or any recent ones) have a M.2 or even NVME Slots,and nvme really doesn't make a huge difference in real world tasks,and who can't pay 1000$ or more on a laptop and around 100-300$ on a nvme SSD when he can afford $2700 for a tablet with a i7.

If tablet mode is really a demand,get a cheep 2 in 1 convertible tablet pc and ur done,if u want keyboard+mouse,get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse,and a Intel Atom for a tablet is enough CPU power.Ok,then what is the use of a i7 without a dGPU,better get the m3 model then,but thats overpriced. SOLUTION:Get a Older Surface or a cheep 2 in 1 tablet.

Who would use a laptop or a tablet using his face anyway

I know this is a strange topic, but not everyone games. I don't want my laptop to be good at gaming because that means it will be shit as a laptop. 

A lot of people want the pen, I'd you don't want to use the pen than the surface pro/book is an awful choice.

No, they're not even close to the same. The pen offers an excellent experience whereas the $1 stylus on a normal touchscreen that doesn't have a digitizer in the screen and that didn't have pain recognition or the wife range of levels of pressure is terrible. 

I do a lot of work in VMs, I code, I have about 50 chrome tabs open at all times....I need RAM and CPU power. I never do anything gpu demanding. There are plenty of tasks that don't require a powerful gpu.

That's a good suggestion.... For a different market. If you want good pen support than there aren't really any cheaper options. If you don't care about the pen then you SHOULD get a different 2-in-1 that has a real keyboard, a decent trackpad, and good lap-compatibility. But I would also recommend a laptop+tablet for that use since windows really doesnt offer the greatest touch experience.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

\ know this is a strange topic, but not everyone games. I don't want my laptop to be good at gaming because that means it will be shit as a laptop. 

A lot of people want the pen, I'd you don't want to use the pen than the surface pro/book is an awful choice.

No, they're not even close to the same. The pen offers an excellent experience whereas the $1 stylus on a normal touchscreen that doesn't have a digitizer in the screen and that didn't have pain recognition or the wife range of levels of pressure is terrible. 

I do a lot of work in VMs, I code, I have about 50 chrome tabs open at all times....I need RAM and CPU power. I never do anything gpu demanding. There are plenty of tasks that don't require a powerful gpu.

That's a good suggestion.... For a different market. If you want good pen support than there aren't really any cheaper options. If you don't care about the pen then you SHOULD get a different 2-in-1 that has a real keyboard, a decent trackpad, and good lap-compatibility. But I would also recommend a laptop+tablet for that use since windows really doesnt offer the greatest touch experience.

1.Simple Answer to pen:
That is not a necessary thing to need in day to day life

2.Simple Answer to Processing Power

I don't think anyone is gonna use 3 VM's Anyway,but a i3 is good enough with 4-8  GB Ram (which the surface doesnt have on base model) and this is what even linus says

Anything upto a i5 is a perfect choice for gaming (Where is the GPU for that?)

Anything Like a  i7 is good for rendering (Where is the GPU for that? In HELL?)

3.Simple Answer to Pen (AGAIN)

Oh,means that keyboard,trackpad, and pen is worth that $500 (The Hardware is worth like $300 or maybe even less) 

4.Simple Answer to keyboard and trackpad

If I'm right,there was a HP 2-1 Windows 8 Tablet-Laptop which was released in 2012-2013 that had a REAL keyboard and trackpad and a quick amazon search reveals this

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+in+1+tablet+windows+10

7 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

1.Simple Answer to pen:

As a student in the past, and now software developer. Pen is used daily.

I don't think anyone is gonna use 3 VM's Anyway,but a i3 is good enough with 4-8  GB Ram (which the surface doesnt have on base model) and this is what even linus says

You'll be surprised.

Huh? The i5 and i7 are Y series CPUs for the laptop. They are faster Core M essentially.

The Surface Pro uses U series, which are closer in performance to the M series, but dual core only.

Why do you want a dedicated GPU? If you want because you want CUDA or gaming, you have the Surface Book (assuming you want the pen as well).

Oh,means that keyboard,trackpad, and pen is worth that $500 (The Hardware is worth like $300 or maybe even less) 

You lost me. Actual cost never matches store prices. You always safe in a bundle. The simple fact that you remove distributes channel and retail profits per unit reduces the price. But also the manufacture wants to make a profit per accessories. Yes the Surface line is over priced, and so their accessories. Surface line is more about pushing the PC market, and "'cause we can". It is like the GeForce Titan series. Overpriced, yes. But here is crazy amount of power at your disposal. Well in this case it is more about experience. TO BE CLEAR, I am not justifying anything, This is just a market analysis of the device and its position. Competition like this device is what will push Microsoft to pull more "engineering miracles". If this device comes out and is solid, this should make Microsoft team be push to add USB Type-A and Type-C with TB3/4 with the Surface Pro 6. (Unless sales fail to meet their targets, I we will see any price drop... and I don't think Microsoft wants to enter OEM territories. Already the Surface Laptop touches it.. and probably that is why they packed it with Windows 10 S and not Windows 10 Pro like other Surface Products, and of course have a high price)

If I'm right,there was a HP 2-1 Windows 8 Tablet-Laptop which was released in 2012-2013 that had a REAL keyboard and trackpad and a quick amazon search reveals this

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+in+1+tablet+windows+10

HP doesn't use Microsoft Precision Touchpad driver compatible trackpads, and I have not heard any great trackpads from HP yet. So I doubt that trackpad would be any good.

1 hour ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

1.Simple Answer to pen:

1. TO YOU it's not necessary. To some it is, and those are the people who should be considering a surface.

2. A core m3 and 4gb of ram is more than I need for my surface and a quad core i7+16gb ram is what I need in my normal laptop.

3. I bought my surface for the sole purpose of using the pen and Im happy with that purchase. 

4. HP trackpads are garbage.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

11 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

1. TO YOU it's not necessary. To some it is, and those are the people who should be considering a surface.

2. A core m3 and 4gb of ram is more than I need for my surface and a quad core i7+16gb ram is what I need in my normal laptop.

3. I bought my surface for the sole purpose of using the pen and Im happy with that purchase. 

4. HP trackpads are garbage.

1.OK,just end this debate

2.Core m3 good enough,why 4 GB Ram,some might be surprised by what im saying,but for some people,4 GB ram is lackluster,even though there are small devices like the Intel Compute Stick,etc with 2 GB Ram,sometimes 4 GB but those are too small to fit so much ram,and those are definately not ment for the purpose,while the Surface is ment for that specific purpouse.

3. 800$ for a laptop/tablet which is overpriced with lackluster GPU performance and overpriced hardware just for a pen,Brilliant (Some might complain that I'm using a i5 3360M laptop with iGPU,but this is a business grade laptop  neither business grade laptops don't need a dGPU nor the business people using them need it,though im not a business man xD but thats what I got)

4.Older 2012-2013 trackpads definately were,we have 2 HP laptops in our house (and a HP printer from the 90's xD sitting non-functional under our bed) the 2012 or 2013 (idk) one is a HP Pavilion (forgot the model number) which is a AMD base AMD A10 laptop with dual graphics (absolutely shit trackpad for being a gaming laptop) while we also have a 2014-2015 HP ProBook 430 G2 with a i5 5200U,excellent touchpad and tracking 

9 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

1.OK,just end this debate

2.Core m3 good enough,why 4 GB Ram,some might be surprised by what im saying,but for some people,4 GB ram is lackluster,even though there are small devices like the Intel Compute Stick,etc with 2 GB Ram,sometimes 4 GB but those are too small to fit so much ram,and those are definately not ment for the purpose,while the Surface is ment for that specific purpouse.

3. 800$ for a laptop/tablet which is overpriced with lackluster GPU performance and overpriced hardware just for a pen,Brilliant (Some might complain that I'm using a i5 3360M laptop with iGPU,but this is a business grade laptop  neither business grade laptops don't need a dGPU nor the business people using them need it,though im not a business man xD but thats what I got)

4.Older 2012-2013 trackpads definately were,we have 2 HP laptops in our house (and a HP printer from the 90's xD sitting non-functional under our bed) the 2012 or 2013 (idk) one is a HP Pavilion (forgot the model number) which is a AMD base AMD A10 laptop with dual graphics (absolutely shit trackpad for being a gaming laptop) while we also have a 2014-2015 HP ProBook 430 G2 with a i5 5200U,excellent touchpad and tracking 

1. It's not a debate, you're completely ignoring the main reason a person should consider buying the product. 

2. An Intel compute stick can only fit 2gb of RAM but One Plus with it's minuscule amount of money can fit 6gb in a phone? And yes, for some people 4gb of ram isn't enough, but that's not universally true. Sure, it should have 8gb in the base model, and the SP5 really should look like the Eve V that was announced on Indigogo, but compared to the rest of the market that the Surface lineup competes against, it's pretty competitive. 

3. So business users don't need a GPU, but students or artists (read: someone who draws) does? Hypocritical much? First off, there's no room for a dGPU in a Surface Pro. Secondly, NOT EVERYONE NEEDS A DISCRETE GPU. And it's still not overpriced hardware. It's priced pretty competitively with everyone else who offers a good stylus experience -- don't need a stylus? Then DON'T BUY A SP/SB. They are products that are designed for users who want to use a stylus. That is why they have such a high end stylus/digitizer.

4. Try a real trackpad like what's on an XPS or Mac; HP's trackpads are terrible. You couldn't pay me enough to use an HP laptop just because of the trackpad alone (let alone the god awful quality that HP is known for).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

As a student in the past, and now software developer. Pen is used daily.

You'll be surprised.

Huh? The i5 and i7 are Y series CPUs for the laptop. They are faster Core M essentially.

The Surface Pro uses U series, which are closer in performance to the M series, but dual core only.

Why do you want a dedicated GPU? If you want because you want CUDA or gaming, you have the Surface Book (assuming you want the pen as well).

You lost me. Actual cost never matches store prices. You always safe in a bundle. The simple fact that you remove distributes channel and retail profits per unit reduces the price. But also the manufacture wants to make a profit per accessories. Yes the Surface line is over priced, and so their accessories. Surface line is more about pushing the PC market, and "'cause we can". It is like the GeForce Titan series. Overpriced, yes. But here is crazy amount of power at your disposal. Well in this case it is more about experience. TO BE CLEAR, I am not justifying anything, This is just a market analysis of the device and its position. Competition like this device is what will push Microsoft to pull more "engineering miracles". If this device comes out and is solid, this should make Microsoft team be push to add USB Type-A and Type-C with TB3/4 with the Surface Pro 6. (Unless sales fail to meet their targets, I we will see any price drop... and I don't think Microsoft wants to enter OEM territories. Already the Surface Laptop touches it.. and probably that is why they packed it with Windows 10 S and not Windows 10 Pro like other Surface Products, and of course have a high price)

HP doesn't use Microsoft Precision Touchpad driver compatible trackpads, and I have not heard any great trackpads from HP yet. So I doubt that trackpad would be any good.

Oh yea,better get a $800-2700 laptop for school work right? Better Get a Chromebook for 1/4th the Price

I don't use my dual core i5 with hyper threading for that many VM's at all,I barely use 1 VM,some people use like 3 VM's or more at once,but who needs more than a i5,i3 or even Pentium based laptop-desktop (forget about doing that on a Celeron xD )

The Surface is not the most specific thing to use "U" series processors,We have 2 i5 laptops with U series Processors,and even dual core is good enough for today's standards,except with hyperthreading (except if you're that Celeron-Chromebook guy,then you are probably fine)

I think $2700  would be well-spent on the Surface Book,even if it has previous generation hardware,it has a dGPU,way better than Intel HD Graphics,even if Microsoft would have waited for a mobile GT 1030,or Even a GTX 1050 mobile,which already exists,I would be happier,since WAAAAY better Graphics

Yes,I know a manufacturer wants to make profit on everything they make,but Microsoft is such a huge selling company and well-known,they don't need to overprice stuff so much,for example Microsoft were making 25$ accessories they can make a profit by just making it 30$-35$,that might not seem a huge profit,but since they are such a well know company and most of their products sell really well (except Windows Phone,probably a EPIC FAIL,jk) they don't even need to price stuff so high

As I mentioned in my previous Post/Comment,whatever you wanna call it,it used to be really bad touchpad in older things,but good ones in newer laptops

28 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

1. It's not a debate, you're completely ignoring the main reason a person should consider buying the product. 

2. An Intel compute stick can only fit 2gb of RAM but One Plus with it's minuscule amount of money can fit 6gb in a phone? And yes, for some people 4gb of ram isn't enough, but that's not universally true. Sure, it should have 8gb in the base model, and the SP5 really should look like the Eve V that was announced on Indigogo, but compared to the rest of the market that the Surface lineup competes against, it's pretty competitive. 

3. So business users don't need a GPU, but students or artists (read: someone who draws) does? Hypocritical much? First off, there's no room for a dGPU in a Surface Pro. Secondly, NOT EVERYONE NEEDS A DISCRETE GPU. And it's still not overpriced hardware. It's priced pretty competitively with everyone else who offers a good stylus experience -- don't need a stylus? Then DON'T BUY A SP/SB. They are products that are designed for users who want to use a stylus. That is why they have such a high end stylus/digitizer.

4. Try a real trackpad like what's on an XPS or Mac; HP's trackpads are terrible. You couldn't pay me enough to use an HP laptop just because of the trackpad alone (let alone the god awful quality that HP is known for).

1.I don't see a main reason which makes sense

2.That phone has more width,so it can fit more ran,while the Intel Compute Stick has more thickness,but size of a flash drive,I would be even surprised when it launched,that they were even able to fit a full-fledged computer,not the most powerful,but something basic in so small,the surface is way wider than both the things,still has less ram than the OnePlus

3.Some do because sometime or the other a student will want to become a gamer (jk).If that is not neccessary for a Person who draws,why not just get a 20$ laptop to do MS-Paint? Sure,it is older,doesn't have the latest features,but it gets the job DONE,even a 1998 thin acer laptop would get that job done in MS-PAINT,or even better,get paper and draw on it

4.I know HP stands for Horrible-Products in some cases,I definately wont like the jackass proprieteryness in those HP Desktop's (absolutely shit for cheap,not even having PCI,standard power supply (laptop power supply? wtf) and bullshit build quality w/bare minimum to run windows.What the actual f**k HP) A HP laptop on the other hand is good,why not use a Chromebook by HP and tell me how bad of a touchpad it had,or even just jump to the Spectre x360,then tell me how God-Awful it was.

and While Stuff like the HP Spectre x360,MacBook's, Acer Predator Triton 1700,being thin HAS A dGPU

38 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Oh yea,better get a $800-2700 laptop for school work right? Better Get a Chromebook for 1/4th the Price

Does that chromebook have stylus support? No? Does that chromebook not support Win32 programs? No? Does that chromebook have an excellent build quality? No? Hmmmm....sounds like a kind of unfair comparison.  

I think $2700  would be well-spent on the Surface Book,even if it has previous generation hardware,it has a dGPU,way better than Intel HD Graphics,

If you need a dGPU....not everyone does.

even if Microsoft would have waited for a mobile GT 1030,or Even a GTX 1050 mobile,which already exists,I would be happier,since WAAAAY better Graphics

Oh yes, there's some sound advice, postpone the product launch by a year and miss out on sales. You, sir, would be an excellent head of marketing and sales. 

Yes,I know a manufacturer wants to make profit on everything they make,but Microsoft is such a huge selling company and well-known,they don't need to overprice stuff so much,for example Microsoft were making 25$ accessories they can make a profit by just making it 30$-35$,that might not seem a huge profit,but since they are such a well know company and most of their products sell really well (except Windows Phone,probably a EPIC FAIL,jk) they don't even need to price stuff so high

I don't think you understand how companies work. Companies work by maximizing profit.

As I mentioned in my previous Post/Comment,whatever you wanna call it,it used to be really bad touchpad in older things,but good ones in newer laptops

It used to be much worse, but it's still not good. 

25 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

1.I don't see a main reason which makes sense

The reason to consider a SP/SB is the pen. If you don't care about the pen, then you shouldn't even consider it as there are better options that are cheaper. If you value the pen, which a lot of people do, then it's very competitive. 

2.That phone has more width,so it can fit more ran,while the Intel Compute Stick has more thickness,but size of a flash drive,I would be even surprised when it launched,that they were even able to fit a full-fledged computer,not the most powerful,but something basic in so small,the surface is way wider than both the things,still has less ram than the OnePlus

It also has a giant battery in it as well as a screen. The compute stick is also a VERY large flash drive.

3.Some do because sometime or the other a student will want to become a gamer (jk).If that is not neccessary for a Person who draws,why not just get a 20$ laptop to do MS-Paint? Sure,it is older,doesn't have the latest features,but it gets the job DONE,even a 1998 thin acer laptop would get that job done in MS-PAINT,or even better,get paper and draw on it

MS Paint....that's your argument? You might want to try some weaker drugs. That's like saying why doesn't a gamer just use a Pentium 1 and an old Voodoo GPU and modify some .ini files to play Crysis 3 -- it will get the job done. 

4.I know HP stands for Horrible-Products in some cases,I definately wont like the jackass proprieteryness in those HP Desktop's (absolutely shit for cheap,not even having PCI,standard power supply (laptop power supply? wtf) and bullshit build quality w/bare minimum to run windows.What the actual f**k HP) A HP laptop on the other hand is good,why not use a Chromebook by HP and tell me how bad of a touchpad it had,or even just jump to the Spectre x360,then tell me how God-Awful it was.

I've yet to find a single decent chromebook, let alone and HP chromebook with a decent trackpad. 

and While Stuff like the HP Spectre x360,MacBook's, Acer Predator Triton 1700,being thin HAS A dGPU

They're also almost twice as thick as a SP (more than twice as thick in the case of the Triton), and they don't have a dGPU until you step up to the 15" variants.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler