Did I make a mistake by buying an air cooler??

Zaki_Owais
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

AIOs are a waste of money if you can fit a NH-D15 basically. sure the top end ones will get you lower temps, like the 240 rad and up models, but those are quite a bit more expensive. AIOs make little sense to me and i would either go with big AF aircooler or custon water cooling

Hey guy's,

I've brought the thermaltake nic c5 cpu air cooler for $70.Just wanted to if i could have gotten a good all-in-one liquid cooler with that price.I didn't do enough research because i was in hurry buying a processor and was afraid of liquid coolers failing and giving my whole rig a shower.I don't plan to overclock because my cpu the 6700k doesn't need to oc'ed for gaming.

Considering you are living in Bangladesh so price would be high for everything then best you can is get a 120mm AIO which isn't better than most air cooler for that price, plus 120mm runs fairly loud. No you are good

I keep an overclocked 6700k at 4.4ghz cool in a mini itx build using a sub $30 cooler..

6 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

Hey guy's,

I've brought the thermaltake nic c5 cpu air cooler for $70

Your mistake was spending that much on a Thermaltake cooler. Noctua ones are in that price range and their performance is unmatched. But maybe your stores don't have them in stock or the prices are much higher.

@Zaki_Owais AIO coolers are a good option for novice liquid cooling setups.

I use a corsair H60, and  its been running in my rig for well over 7 years, with a 130W TDP CPU for most of those, the 6700K is a 92W TDP, so should be easier on coolers.

Despite what most people believe, large tower air coolers are still better than all but a small handful of boutique AIO's and custom loops.

The Nic C5 can cool quite a bit but it's also very loud. I'm guessing you couldn't have bought much better in Bangladesh for the price, though.

Just now, MaxBunny said:

Your mistake was spending that much on a Thermaltake cooler. Noctua ones are in that price range and their performance is unmatched. But maybe your stores don't have them in stock or the prices are much higher.

Actually the store doesn't sell noctua coolers.Along with corsair ones.I asked  them if they sell corsair cpu coolers but they said that corsair only makes power supplies.Dumbass,right?

1 minute ago, Nimrodor said:

Despite what most people believe, large tower air coolers are still better than all but a small handful of boutique AIO's and custom loops.

The Nic C5 can cool quite a bit but it's also very loud. I'm guessing you couldn't have bought much better in Bangladesh for the price, though.

It's summer in Bangladesh.The cpu cooler keeps the cpu around 50 degrees when playing farcry primal while keeping it quite.It's "quite" enough.

9 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

Hey guy's,

I've brought the thermaltake nic c5 cpu air cooler for $70.Just wanted to if i could have gotten a good all-in-one liquid cooler with that price.I didn't do enough research because i was in hurry buying a processor and was afraid of liquid coolers failing and giving my whole rig a shower.I don't plan to overclock because my cpu the 6700k doesn't need to oc'ed for gaming.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I may not have bought THAT air cooler. I personally would have gone with something more akin to a Cryorig H7, but I don't know what prices are like there.

AIOs are a waste of money if you can fit a NH-D15 basically. sure the top end ones will get you lower temps, like the 240 rad and up models, but those are quite a bit more expensive. AIOs make little sense to me and i would either go with big AF aircooler or custon water cooling

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

AIO's make only sense for ...

- style bonus (for some ppl)

- If you have to relocate the radiation surface area aka you have a very flat case want a beefy CPU and low profile coolers are not enough, a AIO rad may be able to fit somewher else in the case