What is LTT

ClaudioBravo
Go to solution Solved by WMGroomAK,
18 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

Y'all are missing the point, why are they hiding all kinds of stuff from us, and act like what Luke is doing is secret, or this stuff. They are acting like a company, more than the normal YT channel?

LMG is a media channel in a similar way to Rooster Teeth in that they produce media content that is distributed for consumption on YouTube.  In a similar way to how Rooster Teeth has their First program, LMG is also working on their Floatplane Club for distributing media although I think that as far as the platform goes will have it own distinct differences.  If you really want to ask @LinusTech or @Slick what (if anything) they are hiding, then you could always try to include them in your question, however, I think it'll be the same answer.

I want another honest answers, because I'm confused.

LinusTechTips seems like a YT channel to me, but it seems like much more, they have multiple channels, and I'm just confused because they are meeting with dj's? Requesting mega-servers from AMD, and they are expanding like Herpes at a pool orgy.

someone explain.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Undervolted -0.150mv)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB DDR4

MOBO: Alienware 17 R4

Storage (Boot): Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (M.2 NVME)

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SATA III)

Storage (Backups): Sandisk X400 128GB (M.2 SATA)

Display: HP Omen 25” 144Hz 1080p

They're a media group? I don't know. They classify as an entertainment center more than a simple YT channel to me. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

LMG has multiple channels.

LTT is just the main linus tech tips channel, and this forum.

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

LTT is the abbreviation for Linus tech Tips.

it encompasses the forum and their main channel (Linus Tech Tips)

Linus Media Group is the name of the company.

http://www.ltt.ly/en/

Lybia Telecom and Technology, not really popular but seems well known enough in Lybia

LTT (Linus tech tips) comprises of this forum and their main YT channel, what you are refering to is LMG (Linus Media Group) a collection off all their parts of a company. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

LTT = Lettuce Tomato sandwich with extra Tomatoes.

That's LTSET

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

That's LTSET

no a LTSET is Lettuce Tomato Snake Egg Turtle

LTT is Lettuce Tomato Tomato

Do not go to a restaurant and ask for a LTSET and expect to get an LTT.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I would order:

number 9's; a number 9 large; a number 6, extra dip; a number 7; two number 45's, one with cheese; and a large soda

Y'all are missing the point, why are they hiding all kinds of stuff from us, and act like what Luke is doing is secret, or this stuff. They are acting like a company, more than the normal YT channel?

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Undervolted -0.150mv)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB DDR4

MOBO: Alienware 17 R4

Storage (Boot): Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (M.2 NVME)

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SATA III)

Storage (Backups): Sandisk X400 128GB (M.2 SATA)

Display: HP Omen 25” 144Hz 1080p

6 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

First of all who the hell abbreviates sandwich name. You don't go to a restaurant and say MNC please (as in Mac and Cheese)

Second of all you don't put extras in the abbreviation, it's not how it works. You already have tomato in the name no need to repeat tomato again

So if someone was to order Lettuce Tomato cheese with extra cheese and extra tomato would you name it LTCCT? And I were to put more extras on it would it have a long ass name that no one bothers to remember? It's just Lettuce Tomato cheese only

7 minutes ago, ClaudioBravo said:

I wonder if Linus or Luke or any LMG employee see the names of Amazon customers who uses LTT's Amazon Affiliate Code. Are they able to see the names of those who bought an i7-7700K with a motherboard that doesn't allow overclocking? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

First of all who the hell abbreviates sandwich name. You don't go to a restaurant and say MNC please (as in Mac and Cheese)

Second of all you don't put extras in the abbreviation, it's not how it works. You already have tomato in the name no need to repeat tomato again

So if someone was to order Lettuce Tomato cheese with extra cheese and extra tomato would you name it LTCCT? And I were to put more extras on it would it have a long ass name that no one bothers to remember? It's just Lettuce Tomato cheese only

First: a burger is not a sandwich. Burgers are served with hot meat, sandwich cold meat.

Second:

BLT

BLTT

BLTC

LTT

BBLCT

these are all legitimate sandwiches as defined by the royal sandwich appreciation society. Dont take it up with me, take it up with the sandwich council.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

First: a burger is not a sandwich. Burgers are served with hot meat, sandwich cold meat.

Second:

BLT

BLTT

BLTC

LTT

BBLCT

these are all legitimate sandwiches as defined by the royal sandwich appreciation society. Dont take it up with me, take it up with the sandwich council.

please note: these options are not available in the "Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America".

there may be some regional distinctions beween the US and UK

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

18 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

please note: these options are not available in the "Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America".

there may be some regional distinctions beween the US and UK

UK & USA is Illuminati territory. The sandwich council goes above this. In some ways the Illuminati answers to the sandwich

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

LMG or Linus Media Group is LITERALLY a company the only thing that's different between them and say facebook for example is scale facebook is worth hundreds of billions of dollars and LMG is worth around a few million dollars and that is to say they gross probably over a million dollars a year but pay a very large chunk of that in taxes... (I think about 30% or so) on top of that they have a staff of I think about 20 or so people so some of the people lower on the ladder may only make like 40k a year...

but to put it really simple... they act like a company because they ARE a company...

derp

6 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

Y'all are missing the point, why are they hiding all kinds of stuff from us, and act like what Luke is doing is secret, or this stuff.

Because NDA and stuff? Imagine you are planning surprise party for a friend. Maybe bring some stuff from their favorite company and some known DJ. Would you tell them outright whats going on? Or nothing? Or just hint to it and build up hype? Thats called running a business.

Luke is kinda doing secret stuff. With developing FPC since we know very little about what it looks as different site.

6 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

They are acting like a company, more than the normal YT channel?

Yes. You got it. LMG is company which was founded to run LTT and then new TQ. How would you define "normal" YT channel anyway? One person doing it all or small group (sub 5 persons)? Like what MKBHD, Austin Evans, JayzTwoCents and likes are doing?

I don't know how business laws work in US/CA. In here you have two options. Work for someone else, or have license to do business (as in receive payments). I have studied very little on subject, but I think if business employs another person to do same job under the founder, they become small company.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

They are acting like a company, more than the normal YT channel?

They've been a company ever since Linus broke away from NCIX...

iirc they did instructional videos for a 3rd party company a while back

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

9 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

They are a company, and like every company they have stuff they can't share with the public and in other cases won't share to built hype.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

LTT is the youtube channel and this forum. LMG (Linus Media Group) is the company that runs that channel, as well as TechQuickie and ChannelSuperFun.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

iirc they did instructional videos for a 3rd party company a while back

That, paid commercials and even short films.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, ClaudioBravo said:

and they are expanding like Herpes at a pool orgy.

i see

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

They produce videos for clients and maybe do some sales, the Youtube channel is just a side gig. What do you think those 20 employees do.