How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

I pay for 40/40.. not complaining :D

3828307220.png

Holy mother of upload speed!  :o

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Dat peak

OXOQvdm.png

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Just wanted to add this post as a "massive praise" for my ISP. Now yes, crappy Australian internet etc, etc. However for the last couple of weeks my 'nets have been garbage and I've been given the run-around by Telstra. Yesterday my modem was online for only a couple of hours throughout the day and when it was online I was only getting 0.5Mbps DL. Pings were up around the 3000ms at some points. So today Telstra finally got around to fixing it and....

3835507246.png

Which is better than I have seen for a long while on this connection, usually it hovers at around 6-8Mbps. Getting up to this from what it was yesterday? That's pretty fantastic. However that's not the half ot it, because the 'nets have been as bad as they have been for most of the month iiNet has basically waived the bill for this month. So huge props to iiNet. All the praise. The 'nets might be shit and Telstra does drag their feet but wow, the customer service from iiNet has been fantastic.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Just wanted to add this post as a "massive praise" for my ISP. Now yes, crappy Australian internet etc, etc. However for the last couple of weeks my 'nets have been garbage and I've been given the run-around by Telstra. Yesterday my modem was online for only a couple of hours throughout the day and when it was online I was only getting 0.5Mbps DL. Pings were up around the 3000ms at some points. So today Telstra finally got around to fixing it and....

3835507246.png

Which is better than I have seen for a long while on this connection, usually it hovers at around 6-8Mbps. Getting up to this from what it was yesterday? That's pretty fantastic. However that's not the half ot it, because the 'nets have been as bad as they have been for most of the month iiNet has basically waived the bill for this month. So huge props to iiNet. All the praise. The 'nets might be shit and Telstra does drag their feet but wow, the customer service from iiNet has been fantastic.

Welcome to the above average club, Average speed is about 8Mb/s in Aus.  Something also happened in my street recently (have no idea what) but my speed went up from an average of 15 to 17Mb/s.

Mind you I have noticed you can get a difference of a few Mb just by using different servers in the same location on the speedtest.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

what is currently ltts fastest dsl? Anybody, or do i have to look back through 116 pages to find out.

Cmon Australia really get yo shit together

3842813075.png

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

3837404659.png

Gnhnhnhnhnnhhnhnnhnnn  :o

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

3844860395.png

This is internet that goes through 2 floors of my house :D

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro // CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.2GHz // GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Reference // RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1333MHz // MOBOASUS P8Z77-V LK // SPACE: 240GB Crucial M500 SSD ~ WD Black 1TB // PSU: Corsair CX750M //

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 130 // CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0GHz // GPU: N/A // RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1600MHz // MOBOEVGA Z87 Stinger Mini-ITX // SPACE: OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD ~ [2X WD Black 2TB in RAID 1] // PSU: EVGA 430W //

3846060137.png

Price hasn't changed since I was paying for 10mb. I've been with Virgin since I could afford to buy my own internet because back then, they were the only company I could find that didn't have usage limits!

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Tried mine again! :0 Amazed by my ping (Tried 8 times and got the same results)

3846097520.png

EDIT: i pay for 37Mbit/s and 2Mbit/s

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Finally my days of having just the 0,5 Mb/s shared internet connection from my phone is over. We pay for 20 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up, but this is enough for me at least.

3846215324.png

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

3846311754.png

100Mb/s down, 10Mb/s up. It is good.

I'm a little jelly...

If I somehow manage to move on my own to a municipality 20km north from here (not just to get my own time / don't need to go on family's sometimes mindless schedules on doing things, but also because I study there. Oh, and also a lot more jobs than what this miserable village has (In other words: more than absolutely notning), and no bullies), hopefully it has a little better internet speeds (they should: our high school has 20 Mb/s - 40 Mb/s download speeds depending on how heavily it's used, though lately that one kid has been fooling around with his WiFi killer -Android app and now neither of the school's wlans work), even though our current is fine for me.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I'm a little jelly...

If I somehow manage to move on my own to a municipality 20km north from here (not just to get my own time / don't need to go on family's sometimes mindless schedules on doing things, but also because I study there. Oh, and also a lot more jobs than what this miserable village has (In other words: more than absolutely notning), and no bullies), hopefully it has a little better internet speeds (they should: our high school has 20 Mb/s - 40 Mb/s download speeds depending on how heavily it's used, though lately that one kid has been fooling around with his WiFi killer -Android app and now neither of the school's wlans work), even though our current is fine for me.

Was it the kid who got caught because he was talking about it  :D?

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Was it the kid who got caught because he was talking about it  :D?

Well... He was identified by other pupils, and that knowledge arrived to high school students' ears. Only proof there is are those rumors, no real evidence (or at least not enough evidence to get him out of here in a Police van). And teachers don't really believe rumors, so gotta need some more evidence.

Our school's network infrastructure is getting renewed next week (originally it was to be done on the autumn break), our IT teacher explained to me that they'll be getting more routers to get better wlan coverage, and to get hardware to regulate the bandwidth more well. It's gonna cost over 5000€ from what I've heard, but apparently that WiFi killer -app isn't gonna be able to mess with it, for a while at least...

Just to note: they're doing this just because of that app's existence. Our School's wlan has had problems before, and just flat-out doesn't work in some class rooms. It needed upgrading. Too bad the costs are that high, as the high school's budget is really low already, and not to mention the municipality's decision to temporarily lay-off (or "force" them on a payless holiday) teachers due to price cuts in the municipality's budget (oh and btw that's partly illegal, and they allow it to happen)

Well... He was identified by other pupils, and that knowledge arrived to high school students' ears. Only proof there is are those rumors, no real evidence (or at least not enough evidence to get him out of here in a Police van). And teachers don't really believe rumors, so gotta need some more evidence.

Our school's network infrastructure is getting renewed, our IT teacher explained to me that they'll be getting more routers to get better wlan coverage, and to get hardware to regulate the bandwidth more well. It's gonna cost over 5000€ from what I've heard, but apparently that WiFi killer -app isn't gonna be able to mess with it, for a while at least...

Okay. So you live near Helsinki?

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Okay. So you live near Helsinki?

Far from there. Between Jyväskylä and Lahti (municipality where I study in is closer to former, and my home village is almost as far away from both of them, just barely being closer to Lahti). In other words: not in a town. No town, no fiber.

EDIT: Well, f***. I told far too much from my location already.

Far from there. Between Jyväskylä and Lahti (municipality where I study in is closer to former, and my home village is almost as far away from both of them, just barely being closer to Lahti). In other words: not in a town. No town, no fiber.

So not so close after all.

So not so close after all.

Just speedtest.net servers being a little drunk. First it picked Oulu's server, then one on Jyväskylä, then on Helsinki, then somewhere far away in Georgia... Like... Wut?

Just speedtest.net servers being a little drunk. First it picked Oulu's server, then one on Jyväskylä, then on Helsinki, then somewhere far away in Georgia... Like... Wut?

For me it works like a charm. Just picks the closest one in Vaasa and nothing else.

3846463229.png

And we only recently started getting 20 and 40Mbps VDSL  :( and rumors about fiber optic connections. 

And then it'll be a few more years probably before they are affordable to be the main stream residential connections.

Yey my ISP have upgraded there deals. 47 USD (339 SEK)

3848705481.png

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs