How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

i know its slow but :

panel-45101653-image-8c56dd8ff0b4e22c-32

only in asia

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

"University of..." What's your connection at home?

I live on campus so effectively that is the speed I get :).

Try testmy.net in case it's inaccurate.

That test gave me like a 1.6mpbs transfer rate was much slower.

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

From Perth, Australia.

When everyone gets really fast speeds I'm sad as Mr Tony Abbott be like "you only need 20mbs" for the future and all that.

God damn it Mr Prime Minister, what about streaming content huh? Them 4G phones be gettin' about 30-40 down and about 15-20 up almost about anywhere, I thought wired was meant to be faster than wireless but you, Tony, are really making it harder...

3761465422.png

Apparently this site is more accurate, but it also shows averages not just maximums.

12lkE8F.auxhMgq.png

And Luke was complaining about 4mbs, this ain't too far off :/

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

Well... Ugh...

Heh... Uh... Go check the other one. Good luck.

Here you go.

3762834662.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

3764645578.png

50€ per month to get this...

The server is in Spain? WTF

Edit: 100+€  :angry:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3766727033.png3766731489.png
Router limited to 100Mbps ...
This speed is still not bad for a Canadian ISP.

Main: Intel i7-4770K, MSI Z87 MPower, 2x 4GB G.Skills 1866MHz CL9, 2x Gigabyte R9-290X, Fractal Design XL R2, 2x Samsung EVO 250GB Raid0 and 2x 1TB Seagate Raid0, Top power 1000W 80+ Bronze, Asus PCE-AC68

Server: AMD FX-8350, MSI 970a-G46, 2x 4GB Mushkin 1866Mhz CL9, MSI 8600GT, Fractal Design Define R4, Samsung EVO 250GB and 6X 2TB Seagate RAID 10, EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+Gold, 2x Intel GBe NIC
Router: Pfsense 2.2, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Acer crap motherboard, 4x 2GB Samsung 800Mhz CL4, Fractal Design Node 604, OCZ Agility 2 50GB, Thermaltake 400W 80+, 2x Intel GBe NIC

3769197330.png

Romanian internet and this isn't even the limit. I have a 1Gbps download limit. All praise Eastern European internet. Also, no limitations, no throttling, we can visit any website any time, any torrent tracker and such downloads sources. Come join the dark side! We have awesome internet for very low prices. For this 1Gbps down 100Mbps up connection I pay $16 VAT included.

Mind you this is in prime time: 2415953345.png

Edit: new test outside of prime time:

3663674527.png

Edit: Got a slight upgrade, prime time speed again:

3729179592.png

what !!!! like 900 ! thats like 150 time faster than what i get on download and 400 times better than my upload speed...

what !!!! like 900 ! thats like 150 time faster than what i get on download and 400 times better than my upload speed...

Yeah, it is pretty nice. Not going to look forward to move from this place. Internet connections in the rest of the country sucks major balls and are overpriced.

3616413078.png

Do I win?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

3773644682.png

crap

This is my internet speed test result.

My uploading speed is 0.123Mbps

MY downloading speed is 2.365Mbps.

I have checked my internet speed Scanmyspeed.com

3774132905.png

Damn some of you guys have crazy fast connections! What do you do with all the power?  :P

Yeah, it is pretty nice. Not going to look forward to move from this place. Internet connections in the rest of the country sucks major balls and are overpriced.

As a fellow Dane I'm wondering how you achieve such an amazing connection? 

As a fellow Dane I'm wondering how you achieve such an amazing connection? 

Living at DTU campus. Just move 500m away and the Internet connections drop down to max 50/10 async connections, which really sucks... Considered that is 500m away from the Danish Internet Exchange...

Take a look at http://k-net.dk that is our provider, and I am sitting in the board of that.

Living at DTU campus. Just move 500m away and the Internet connections drop down to max 50/10 async connections, which really sucks... Considered that is 500m away from the Danish Internet Exchange...

Take a look at http://k-net.dk that is our provider, and I am sitting in the board of that.

Interesting. Well, I guess I'm stuck with what the cables in my area can handle. I'll be moving to Copenhagen soon, though. However I'm not sure that is necessarily an upgrade in that regard. As long as it doesn't dip below 10 mb/s I'm all right. After all, I use the internet for some gaming, youtube, a bit of streaming and other regular internet stuff. What do you use your connection for? Do you need that much speed or is it just because you can?