How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

FTTH, we pay for 100/50. We could get more, but atm its enough of either speed and cost. 

7621863867.png

Here at [Redacted] State University, I get great speeds!

7624759148.png

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

Sadly, this is my normal connection speed. I am definitely switching to Spectrum soon. NEVER go with AT&T in St. Louis! Also want to note that it costs around ~$70 a month.

7624790981.png

I can get faster speeds, as I have a dedicated fibre node in my building (Coax to apartment suites)

7625409220.png

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just got this installed, its alright i guess 

7635954965.png

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Lol I live in Australia so I naturally pay 80 bucks a month for 40 down and 15 up that is delivered on the absolute mess we call the national broadband network it’s basically chuck some finer here and some copper there and don’t forget the link that suburb up with wireless. They literally blamed the gamers for using all the bandwidth on the network. We know gaming doesn’t use much data but the head of telecommunications doesn’t.

5 hours ago, RedTech7107 said:

Lol I live in Australia so I naturally pay 80 bucks a month for 40 down and 15 up that is delivered on the absolute mess we call the national broadband network it’s basically chuck some finer here and some copper there and don’t forget the link that suburb up with wireless. They literally blamed the gamers for using all the bandwidth on the network. We know gaming doesn’t use much data but the head of telecommunications doesn’t.

I'm down in Tasmania just north-east of Hobart and was lucky enough to get FTTP in 2016 before it all changed.

Here is my connection.  Virgin Media...  Since this was taken, nothing has changed...

6578687891.png

Running Time Warner Cable (Now Spectrum) cable/coax internet.

Having to pleb it out with this 350x100 connection until I move in Q1'19 to my new location which provides Google Fiber to the neighborhood.

1000x1000 here I come!!!

217dbc41-6fe5-449c-8091-d9caa88bf5af.png

14 hours ago, Ph0en1x-Fl4m3 said:

Running Time Warner Cable (Now Spectrum) cable/coax internet.

Having to pleb it out with this 350x100 connection until I move in Q1'19 to my new location which provides Google Fiber to the neighborhood.

1000x1000 here I come!!!

217dbc41-6fe5-449c-8091-d9caa88bf5af.png

That's the highest upload speed I've seen from cable internet. Are the speeds stable/reliable?

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

this is my speed. 1gb/35mb. and for this I have to pay  $575, I wish I could get a better cheaper service in the woodlands tx. (north of houston)

speedtest comcast.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Snapchat-1436945920.jpg

THE RIG 

CPU: i7 3770K @ 4.9 COOLER: Kraken X61 MOBO: Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Vengeance 16gb @1600 GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850w SSD: 850 Pro 256Gb    CASE: B/W phantom 410 AUDIO: Kraken 7.1 Chroma MOUSE: Death Adder Chroma KEYBOARD: Black Widow Chroma MONITOR: Triple 23" Apple Cinama Displays   VR: HTC Vive & Oculus Rift DK2 

7690563540.png

about to switch to 240/24, but not just yet..

I can hit somewhere north of 750 wired or 5g, and do that pretty much simultaneously on two laptops as long as one is wired and the other is wireless ac. Now if only everything would get delivered at that speed!  Game downloads from Xbox live for instance range from 30Mb -> 250Mb.  Xbox is wired and only hits 450 I think on it's speed tests.

Bare bones internet paying £40/month ≈ $52.36/month

speed.png

Just now, TheCube said:

7723380980.png just upgraded

Is that over Coax? That is VERY good latency

1 minute ago, Pancake said:

Is that over Coax? That is VERY good latency

yeah, coax. insanity. having lowest ping in any game lobby is insane. I'm very spoiled. this is actually kind of slow for me, I usually top out at 300mbps. but im on wifi

Just now, TheCube said:

yeah, coax. insanity. having lowest ping in any game lobby is insane. I'm very spoiled

$10 says you have fiber to the tap, so its probably only coax over a very short distance

Neat! Now if only they could increase upload speeds. What package are you on? I am also on the 250/25 package, but it has been discontinued and replaced with the 400/10 here in Texas

5 minutes ago, Pancake said:

$10 says you have fiber to the tap, so its probably only coax over a very short distance

Neat! Now if only they could increase upload speeds. What package are you on? I am also on the 250/25 package, but it has been discontinued and replaced with the 400/10 here in Texas

I'm Atlanta GA. fiber runs up to the building and then it's 20 feet of coax. I'm on the 250/25 plan but I get 300/24 idk. xfinity is a dream, my old connection ATT was illegally charging too much. they would give us these crappy routers that topped at 40mbps. now that I think about it, 24 up kinda sucks. not much I can do I guess