How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,694 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

I guess pretty good for Austria. (I Photoshopped that IP out xD [If you wondered where it is])

speed.PNG

Just now, @Dylan said:

Mine is so so so bad :( 

hey you are on the same sort of speed as me! yay!

paying for 30 down 15 up, getting 17 down on a good day, 0.9 up at max

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

hey you are on the same sort of speed as me! yay!

paying for 30 down 15 up, getting 17 down on a good day, 0.9 up at max

i get it for sky my isp gave me a deal for a year free 

Just now, @Dylan said:

i get it for sky my isp gave me a deal for a year free 

im on the other hand paying something like €40 a month for mine, not getting the speed im suposed to and the ISP wont even talk to me :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6923925478.png

My dad and I were looking at the Verizon bill and their new services, and we realized that it was cheaper for us to get Gigabit, so we did.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

im on the other hand paying something like €40 a month for mine, not getting the speed im suposed to and the ISP wont even talk to me :) 

Awh Thats a shame :( Have you tried writing i did and i got that deal!

Just now, @Dylan said:

Awh Thats a shame :( Have you tried writing i did and i got that deal!

sent emails, support tickets, and calls. nothing. so far. to be fail the support tickets and calls were quite a while ago(yah i have been on this shit for like 3 years now) but i threw them a message just a few weeks back with a promise of a reply within 4 working days, yah that was a few weeks ago and nothing lol. only sent it because i thought i might as well put some heat on them these last few months im with them before my 500/500 fibre connection is completed xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

sent emails, support tickets, and calls. nothing. so far. to be fail the support tickets and calls were quite a while ago(yah i have been on this shit for like 3 years now) but i threw them a message just a few weeks back with a promise of a reply within 4 working days, yah that was a few weeks ago and nothing lol. only sent it because i thought i might as well put some heat on them these last few months im with them before my 500/500 fibre connection is completed xD 

when mine runs out in march im getting fibre i cant deal with this slow shit but hey its free

Just now, @Dylan said:

when mine runs out in march im getting fibre i cant deal with this slow shit but hey its free

sure, id live with this speed if it was free for a little while more, but the fibre connection is going to cost just a bit more a month so 500x the upload speed seems pretty apealing really xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

sure, id live with this speed if it was free for a little while more, but the fibre connection is going to cost just a bit more a month so 500x the upload speed seems pretty apealing really xD 

I wish i was getting that ! im only getting 130 up and 50 down but thats alot better than now 

On 1/5/2013 at 1:08 PM, zephiK said:

Oh my..... I feel bad, my phone's 3G/4G connection is faster than that :(

Nearly always phone connections are faster than internet where I live.

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:59 AM, Abdul201588 said:

6864442665.png

Speeds for my VPS. Hosted at OVH. Using it as an Exchange server could possibly a game server as well. ;) 

HOLY $H!T I AM JELLOUS

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I need clarification: how does US$200 yearly count as? (That gives me 500Mbps down 50Mbps up)

The Fruit Pie: Core i7-9700K ~ 2x Team Force Vulkan 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Gigabyte Z390 UD ~ XFX RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ WD Black 2TB ~ macOS Monterey amd64

The Warship: Core i7-10700K ~ 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi ~ PNY RTX 3060 12GB LHR ~ Samsung PM981 1.92TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
The ThreadStripper: 2x Xeon E5-2696v2 ~ 8x Kingston KVR 16GB DDR3-1600 Registered ECC ~ Asus Z9PE-D16 ~ Sapphire RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ Ubuntu Linux 20.04 amd64

The Question Mark? Core i9-11900K ~ 2x Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4-3000 @ DDR4-2933 ~ MSI Z590-A Pro ~ Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB ~ Samsung PM981A 960GB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Home server: Xeon E3-1231v3 ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 Unbuffered ECC ~ Asus P9D-M ~ nVidia Tesla K20X 6GB ~ Broadcom MegaRAID 9271-8iCC ~ Gigabyte 480GB SATA SSD ~ 8x Mixed HDD 2TB ~ 16x Mixed HDD 3TB ~ Proxmox VE amd64

Laptop 1: Dell Latitude 3500 ~ Core i7-8565U ~ NVS 130 ~ 2x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM ~ Samsung 960 Pro 512GB ~ Samsung 850 Evo 1TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Laptop 2: Apple MacBookPro9.2 ~ Core i5-3210M ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM ~ Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB ~ macOS Catalina amd64

Because I'm in the UK I have sub-par fibre to the home and pay extortionate amounts of money for it i.e. £79 PCM. 

6959247104.png

On 02/01/2018 at 4:54 AM, Macboi said:

HOLY $H!T I AM JELLOUS

That's a data center's speed dude, not a home connection.

ffe67bae-7606-43a3-ba9f-74d13e0558d4.png

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6976003210.png

Went from 75/10 to 100/10 via free speed upgrade from Comcast. We pay roughly $46 a month due to the promotion we are on, we got their stream bundle, we have access to their streaming service. Though we never use it. I think normal price for Internet only is like $80 a month, so yeah, we are saving some money. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.