How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

On 3/3/2016 at 6:24 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's slightly comforting to see that you are faster than 99% of singapore; I've seen some incredible speeds and great prices from there and I was starting to get the impression that scores like yours were the norm there :D

Not sure if this is the best way to reply but... yeah! We've got gigabit plans for as low as SGD 39.99! You might think that the plan would be trash but I signed up for that! Customer service isn't particularly great since I can troubleshoot most of the trouble on my own but I guess it's like the standard operating procedure :D 

I just found out that there's a 10 Gbps plan available here now, but for $189.99, needing to use Thunderbolt/ PCIE SSDs (and 10Gbit NICs) to prevent hardware bottle-neck? I think I'll wait till technology catches up xD 

35 minutes ago, arzine said:

Not sure if this is the best way to reply but... yeah! We've got gigabit plans for as low as SGD 39.99! You might think that the plan would be trash but I signed up for that! Customer service isn't particularly great since I can troubleshoot most of the trouble on my own but I guess it's like the standard operating procedure :D 

I just found out that there's a 10 Gbps plan available here now, but for $189.99, needing to use Thunderbolt/ PCIE SSDs (and 10Gbit NICs) to prevent hardware bottle-neck? I think I'll wait till technology catches up xD 

lol well maybe I spoke to soon then.  I think if we could get 1 gigabit plans for $40 here (or 1 gigabit plans at all for any reasonable price) every single person who cares would switch and every ISP (yeah all of the two) would bankrupt :P

I can only dream of having providers so good that my storage technology needs to catch up to themxD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i feel like a little school girl now. i originally came from 10Mbps :x

mtn6FTQ.png

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

Samsung GS4 (I9505) on Orange 4G (Romania).

Screenshot_2016-02-27-11-13-39.thumb.png

Politics: "Poli" a Latin word meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".

Update to some months ago. ISP just changed my upload speed without notice. :D

5151261206.png

Work speed.  It used to be less than 1 up and .5 down.

5153756284.png

Something is wrong with my internet...

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

On 3/8/2016 at 8:55 PM, ToxicPT said:

Update to some months ago. ISP just changed my upload speed without notice. :D

5151261206.png

Okay, moving to Portugal! How much are you paying per month? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Bear in mind that I'm sharing this connection with 11 people..

5154422165.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

5154459573.png

Intel Core i7-4790k •• ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) •• 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3 2400MHz CL11 •• MSI Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8G

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB •• Crucial M550 512GB •• Corsair AX750 •• Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Bear in mind that I'm sharing this connection with 11 people..

5154422165.png

wait, how?  sounds like you need to change your wifi password and let the neighbours pay for their own service :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wait, how?  sounds like you need to change your wifi password and let the neighbours pay for their own service :D

Accommodation. Renting a room for £70 a week while I study at Birmingham City University... 

30 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Accommodation. Renting a room for £70 a week while I study at Birmingham City University... 

oh, it's like a shared public router or something... well, in that case, how do you know it's exactly 11 other people? :)

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh, it's like a shared public router or something... well, in that case, how do you know it's exactly 11 other people? :)

Because we all live together. Nope, it's not Public router. The place I'm staying at provides us with an internet connection. 

11 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Because we all live together. Nope, it's not Public router. The place I'm staying at provides us with an internet connection. 

O.o oh.  That must be ... interesting :P

100/40mbps, I'm one of the lucky ones in Australia to have fibre.

5158667422.png

CPU: i5-6600k GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti Ram: 16GB DDR4 SSD: Samsung 950Pro 512gb m.2

1 hour ago, twisties said:

100/40mbps, I'm one of the lucky ones in Australia to have fibre.

5158667422.png

Actual fiber of advertised fiber?

If actual fiber then why don't they do 100/100?

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

1 hour ago, looney said:

Actual fiber of advertised fiber?

If actual fiber then why don't they do 100/100?

GPON Fibre to the premises. Strung up the side of my house and into a cabinet in my garage, terminated at an ONT/NTD.

And because Australia.
For some reading that will make you want off this planet, read up on the Australian NBN (National Broadband Network) project. It's the most ridiculous political football ever.
We actually had politicians sh**-can fibre-to-the-premises in favour of a part-copper solution that would be lucky to hit 25mbps, saying, "but people don't need more than that."

Considering they've teased opening the taps to "up to" 1000/400 I'm sure they're capable of doing the 100/100 you mention but then I also don't understand any of the technical limitations of a GPON network.

Disclaimer: My comments above are a massive simplification of a very complicated topic.

CPU: i5-6600k GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti Ram: 16GB DDR4 SSD: Samsung 950Pro 512gb m.2

5176566672.png

I pay $65/mo for 50/50, my down speed increased recently for some reason.