How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

2787496767.png

Not bad since I get this for free. They need to fix the upload though. My old ISP uploaded 90+.

Potato

2787496767.png

Not bad since I get this for free. They need to fix the upload though. My old ISP uploaded 90+.

... I'd cry right now if i weren't so dehydrated.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I present you with my super high speed internet. 

2787657939.png

The situation is the same on both WIFI and wired connections. This is the fastest internet I can get in my area, and actually this is a good day for speeds, normally it hangs around 1Mb/s for Download speeds. 

Hopefully I will get 100/100 speeds sometime between 2015-2017, but that is of course if the Government doesn't change at the election later this year. If that happens I will be stuck with a max of 25/5 (Because that party is a bunch of arrogant idiots), and if lucky it will be here in 2019, but I am not lucky. So slow speeds for me for a long time, and there is nothing I can do about it. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I present you with my super high speed internet. 

2787657939.png

The situation is the same on both WIFI and wired connections. This is the fastest internet I can get in my area, and actually this is a good day for speeds, normally it hangs around 1Mb/s for Download speeds. 

Hopefully I will get 100/100 speeds sometime between 2015-2017, but that is of course if the Government doesn't change at the election later this year. If that happens I will be stuck with a max of 25/5 (Because that party is a bunch of arrogant idiots), and if lucky it will be here in 2019, but I am not lucky. So slow speeds for me for a long time, and there is nothing I can do about it. 

I lol'd real hard at the annotation "(SLOWER THAN 91% OF AU)".

How come your situation depends on the government? Aren't any cable companies interested in your area?

Potato

I lol'd real hard at the annotation "(SLOWER THAN 91% OF AU)".

How come your situation depends on the government? Aren't any cable companies interested in your area?

Basically in Australia we all use (well until recently) the copper phone lines, for our internet. These cables are all owned by one company, they then sell to other ISPs. The worst thing about it is the copper is in a horrible state (I am in one of the worst spots for it, even though I am in a largely populated area). This company (Telstra) works closely with the government to insure they become untouchable by other companies, while also being paid to run the network. This was due to a government who basically funded very little and therefore causing infrastructure to collapse, hence why we still have horrible internet. Telstra has refused to spend their own money to replace and upgrade the network, mostly due to the fact that they couldn't even make money from selling the existing copper as it is in such a bad state that its worthless. It wasn't until 2007 when a new government got in and one of their policies was to bring fibre to the majority of the country and high speed wireless to everywhere else (for outback towns). This will make it a government run network (so much better as their is no monopoly. Issue is due to the size of the task required it wont be done for years (my area is due to be connected sometime between 2015 and 2017). However there is an election later this year and the opposing party doesn't like the idea because it is taking too long and is costing too much (funny as the policy they are doing will cost the same but more in the long run). So they want to only do fibre to the node, but then there is the issue of the copper to the house, which is the reason I get such bad internet speeds as the copper here is horrible and cannot surpass my speeds. However the funnest thing about their policy was that they day after the announced it 4K tvs were released that require around a 28Mb/s download speed, and yet their policy only allows up to 25Mb/s and they said no one would need higher then that of the foreseeable future. Also it was just a few days before Google announced they are building more fibre in the US. Sad thing is they are looking like they will win the election. So basically no company can buy in just because of the nature of how things have worked with a previous government who only cared about making money. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2790251233.png

I pay for 21/1 for like 35€ I would pay anything to get faster but my ISP says that the closest fiber connection like 20km away...

Think i've won this:

2415912151.png

I used to be much slower (under 0.5 Mbs down and 0.1 Mbs up at a good day). recently upgraded my speed... 2790286689.png

fastest connection they had to offer...

2791052496.png

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

This is the best I've ever gotten off of Speedtest, I think I win the thread

2601816639.png

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

This is during peak usage. Full speed is ~40mb/s down and I've never seen more than 4mb/s up

2791137244.png

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

This is actually the highest score I have ever gotten :D

2792153194.png

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

At my Tech

2792629868.png

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Sorry about the other thread, I searched for speed tests and found nothing

post-18143-0-18815500-1372029187.jpg

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

My home internet... pretty bad, I got some better results in the past but not by much and there are no good upload speed options where I live no matter how much I pay. The only good thing is download's "unlimited" :).

2308234270.png

As for my phone (hspa/hspa+):

493898161.png

I have cheap fibre in my country. 

2713572087.png

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

2416178129.png

120/10Mbps(that's what I'm paying for) + unlimited calls(Europe) + 144 TV channels(most of them in HD; HBO, Canal+ and Orange Sports that airs wrestling/mma PPVs for free) for ~$60.

WHAT? JESUS THATS SO CHEAP!!!!!!!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

2794562522.png

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

2794562522.png

oh i forgot. I'm paying 35 dollars a month for 30mbit

Telus new 50/10 MB/s plan in which they messed up the set up

2751780539.png

from quite a while back, I moved away from the router and have to use a 54Mbps wireless card now until i can afford powerline :(, still better than the 1.6 down 0.2 up i used to get before fibre :D

2277713894.png

Just do like me and have an ugly bright blue cord running across your house and up your stairs.

There are some bloody big numbers there, I'm so jealous.

Here are mine that I don't even pay for, I use my mates so I can't complain :)

2794909491.png

It does get a little better than that but not much, ping sometimes is around 25-30ms.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm with Cogeco cable in Canada, this is supposed to be a 65/2 connection, but I'm downloading a game on steam and my family are hogging my bandwidth on Netflix. :(

n0w.png

I just ran the SpeedTest again and my connection is being throttled really badly. Darn Netflix.

gtyv.png

I'm with Cogeco cable in Canada, this is supposed to be a 65/2 connection, but I'm downloading a game on steam and my family are hogging my bandwidth on Netflix. :(

n0w.png

I just ran the SpeedTest again and my connection is being throttled really badly. Darn Netflix.

gtyv.png

I'd be extremely happy with the throttled down speeds, those are pretty good :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate