How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4850250728

How do people get above 20mb/s download??!!! Please help...i can't even play games when people are on netflix

Is this sarcasm or a real request?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why would that be sarcasm???

I thought you might have understood you pay for a max Internet speed as part of your plan. And much of those higher speeds come from cable, fibre, and vdsl...

And your areas backhaul link will effect it also...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

4864018889.png

This is the best the internet has been in months. We pay for 1.5

In the rural area I live in the DSL infrastructure sucks. When we called and complained we weren't getting our speed they told us, "Yes we have too many customers in your area. It's exhausting our resources. If you don't like it leave, we have plenty of customers waiting for a spot."

CPU- i5 4670K CPU Cooler- Corsair H90 MB- MSI Z87 GD-45 RAM- 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws Case- NZXT Phantom 530

PSU- Corsair CX750M Cooler- Corsair H90 Boot Drive- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Storage-WD 1TB Blue Storage- Seagate 2TB

4864018889.png

This is the best the internet has been in months. We pay for 1.5

In the rural area I live in the DSL infrastructure sucks. When we called and complained we weren't getting our speed they told us, "Yes we have too many customers in your area. It's exhausting our resources. If you don't like it leave, we have plenty of customers waiting for a spot."

When I saw that the "F-" caught my attention... Didn't know something could be worse than failure... But after reading how they act, that seems appropriate.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

After sooooo many years stuck with ADSL my area finally upgraded and now it also offers VDSL.

So this is my old speed

post-8863-0-36184200-1448680179.png

And this is my new one!

post-8863-0-40644900-1448680274.png

(will fix the slightly biggest ping, Saves me about 30ms on games)

Got the 30 Mb/s offer. But there is 50 Mb/s downstream, 5 Mb/s upstream offer too.

Upload is only 2.5 Mb/s on the 30 Mb/s offer ... But it's awesome if you compare it to the old one!

Oh and I forgot to say that I was paying for 24 Mb/s for the old one!

Stuck with this wonderful terrible connection... 

4870843678.png

Stuck with this wonderful terrible connection... 

4870843678.png

What is so wrong about that is not your speed, but the fact that it's an A- and faster than 83% of the country :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What is so wrong about that is not your speed, but the fact that it's an A- and faster than 83% of the country :D

The main thing that is wrong with this, is that my connection is a 10mb/s ADSL line.There is fiber and VDSL running two blocks away from my house but I am unable to get it due to "infrastructure-related problems". #FirstWorldProblems.. But furthermore I guess that it is good, in it's own way! ;)

The main thing that is wrong with this, is that my connection is a 10mb/s ADSL line.There is fiber and VDSL running two blocks away from my house but I am unable to get it due to "infrastructure-related problems". #FirstWorldProblems.. But furthermore I guess that it is good, in it's own way! ;)

dig your own tunnel and tap in :P

dig your own tunnel and tap in :P

LOL! That's something to think of, thanks for the idea! :D

Mind you this is in prime time: 2415953345.png

Edit: new test outside of prime time:

3663674527.png

Edit: Got a slight upgrade, prime time speed again:

3729179592.png

what the actual Fk. How?

speedtest_1.png

Bow to my Internets!

Perks of working for a company that lets the network engineers have rack space and a full 1g connection to the core.

Sadly though my 3845 will only handle this much throughput. I had an ASAv appliance running I sent my traffic out temporarily and it handled the gigabit connection. Only using it now as a vpn concentrator. I graphed my usage and I never even hit 100mbps like Ever. Usually average around 20 up constant though.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

4880374133.png 

THis is at 3:00 am when no one is on. This as good as it gets. At around 7:00 PM I'll do another test and get around .4 down .1 up

Pfft

Good luck beating this... [emoji6] 2318b5cfd3d848dfce743d8d77e4e487.jpg

If this is during prime time I will just wait

4880581426.png

This is already considered fast for most users here in my country Philippines.  :D

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

my internet is kind off bad compared to other countries in Malaysia its considering not bad

about 9mbps up and 9mbps down