Computer suddenly very sluggish.

Flyguygamer

Went to use my computer this morning and everything was as usual. After a few hours had a BSOD with a whea_uncorrectable_error message. After I forced a shutdown and booted back up the computer ran extremely slowly. Programs will take several minutes to load, cursor is jumpy and slow, difficult to access things due to the slow response. Windows event logs showed a kernel power shutdown error with no other relevant information. Idling at the desktop I have 3% cpu usage, 12% memory usage, and variable but nearly 100% disk usage on the ssd. I ran HD Tune benchmark and smart info, screenshots below, but nothing seems off to me. System is a 4770k at stock, 32gb ram, samsung 500gb ssd, evga gtx 1070. 

IMG_20170522_170354.jpg

IMG_20170522_170334.jpg

IMG_20170522_170316.jpg

IMG_20170522_170327.jpg

Can you reinstall Windows?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Something is screwed up in windows and causing it to spam your drive with accesses.

When was the last time you clean installed windows?

Have you upgraded windows or cloned/migrated it?

Do you often get BSODs?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Something is screwed up in windows and causing it to spam your drive with accesses.

When was the last time you clean installed windows?

Have you upgraded windows or cloned/migrated it?

Do you often get BSODs?

Windows install is only a few months old. Have not upgraded or cloned it. Only very recently have I had the BSOD issues, 3-4 times now. Always that same error.

Just now, Flyguygamer said:

Not easily. 

What do you mean? Back everything up that you need to keep.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Windows install is only a few months old. Have not upgraded or cloned it. Only very recently have I had the BSOD issues, 3-4 times now. Always that same error.

Do you have any other drives than just your OS drive?

Is your OS drive a hard drive or SSD?

Did you update to windows 1703?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

What do you mean? Back everything up that you need to keep.

The files are easy but I have many programs that I no longer have the CDs and Licence keys to. Those programs are important and as of now I have no way to reinstall them. 

The files are easy but I have many programs that I no longer have the CDs and Licence keys to. Those programs are important and as of now I have no way to reinstall them. 

Ummm...back it up???

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Enderman said:

Do you have any other drives than just your OS drive?

Is your OS drive a hard drive or SSD?

Did you update to windows 1703?

Yes. Main drive is a 500gb samsung evo, also have 2x 2b seagate storage drives. Currently running 1607 I think.

4 minutes ago, Flyguygamer said:

Yes. Main drive is a 500gb samsung evo, also have 2x 2b seagate storage drives. Currently running 1607 I think.

You can try sfc /scannow in CMD, that might fix stuff, but the best solution would be to clean install windows on the SSD.

You should have all drives except the SSD unplugged, and delete all the partitions on the SSD before clean installing, otherwise you will probably run into problems again.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

You can try sfc /scannow in CMD, that might fix stuff, but the best solution would be to clean install windows on the SSD.

You should have all drives except the SSD unplugged, and delete all the partitions on the SSD before clean installing, otherwise you will probably run into problems again.

Trying to avoid that if possible. Disk usage now down to normal, computer still very sluggish. 

1 minute ago, Flyguygamer said:

Trying to avoid that if possible. Disk usage now down to normal, computer still very sluggish. 

Yeah, try sfc /scannow, and check for windows updates and restart your PC.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, try sfc /scannow, and check for windows updates and restart your PC.

Will do. That usually takes a while so I'll get er done and report back.

3 hours ago, Flyguygamer said:

Will do. That usually takes a while so I'll get er done and report back.

Got to 54% and then a BSOD. whea-uncorrectable-error