Sennheiser HD598

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

I'm the same way, I just look for similarities between what they say and others who own it. Reviewers aren't 100% trustworthy because I know a lot of them get paid. 

Ok and @MayflowerElectronics has said he has used the 558,598 and 600 and said they were similar. If he fits into the category of "others who own it" how does this not make him another credible source. (not the only source, but another data point / opinion / suggestion).

I get where you're coming from but I don't see why you're having a stab at him for having a title?

Have you had a pair of 558?

@ShearMe

Man, you're as dumb as a box of rocks aren't you? I meant they sounded like they were weak on the bass, good soundstage, weaker but clear highs. You're one of those people in person that uses all his sarcasm to cover up what a real loser he is I'm sure. My brother in law is identical to you and man is he the biggest poser I've seen. Puts on this front of being better than everyone because he has so much self doubt. Can't stand those types of people and you can spot them a mile away! No wonder you stick up for the Mayflowerbay. 

Ok and @MayflowerElectronics has said he has used the 558,598 and 600 and said they were similar. If he fits into the category of "others who own it" how does this not make him another credible source. (not the only source, but another data point / opinion / suggestion).

I get where you're coming from but I don't see why you're having a stab at him for having a title?

Have you had a pair of 558?

It's a matter of him absolutely refusing to list a single reason as to what differences if any there is between them. If they are similar that means they are different! It's a front and I don't know why nobody but me sees it. Look at his posts and you'll see he never explains anything about anything. Somebody says different he calls them a troll and they ask why they are a troll and he comes back with another vague answer. Ugh, the fact you guys take him seriously speaks volumes!

It's a matter of him absolutely refusing to list a single reason as to what differences if any there is between them. If they are similar that means they are different! It's a front and I don't know why nobody but me sees it. Look at his posts and you'll see he never explains anything about anything. Somebody says different he calls them a troll and they ask why they are a troll and he comes back with another vague answer. Ugh, the fact you guys take him seriously speaks volumes!

But he listed reasons after you complained. Did he not back up his suggestion then?

Or did I or one of the other posters not list why the 558s were similar to the 598 and therefore there would be little benefit for the OP to get a pair. (negating the reason for him to repost why he suggested them)

Sorry I still don't understand why you're on such a mission to hate on him.

EDIT: Is there someone on these forums you find creditable?

Man, you're as dumb as a box of rocks aren't you? I meant they sounded like they were weak on the bass, good soundstage, weaker but clear highs. You're one of those people in person that uses all his sarcasm to cover up what a real loser he is I'm sure. My brother in law is identical to you and man is he the biggest poser I've seen. Puts on this front of being better than everyone because he has so much self doubt. Can't stand those types of people and you can spot them a mile away! No wonder you stick up for the Mayflowerbay. 

You're the one making jibes at people for not saying exactly what they mean, I only thought it fair.

He called you a troll because you are trolling. You keep making all these stabs at his "credibility" when you don't even know what you're talking about. Blatant empty insults is all you're typing. Maybe if you had called him out on his statement of them being exactly the same from the get-go this wouldn't have devolved into mud slinging across multiple threads, but I'm guessing that's exactly what you wanted to happen...