Sennheiser HD598

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

Three random Sennheiser frequency response graphs, all with the same shape: http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=2861&graphID%5B1%5D=3681&graphID%5B2%5D=573&graphID%5B3%5D=2301&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

On head-fi, there's many contradicting opinions on the differences between HD 600 vs 650 alone, so that's not a very legitimate source of information.

My point is this, there's so much more to sound than a graph can show you. Saying all of them are the same because the line says so is stupid. 

I'm not saying Head-fi is the legitimate place for info. My point is, they actually go into detail to try and explain it to you. All he does is say "No, this is how it is!" 

Sound is one of those things where nobody is going to agree but to say everyone is wrong is stupid!

Yes, you posted that while I was posting mine. Don't need to expand it like I'm stupid. 

Yes, you posted that while I was posting mine. Don't need to expand it like I'm stupid. 

like I'm stupid. 

Now you post it. You tried it before and it didn't work and you called me stupid when I told you it didn't work. 

Well I'm glad your ears hear in graphs because that should help a lot of people out around here. Worst advice I've seen lol!

My point is this, there's so much more to sound than a graph can show you. Saying all of them are the same because the line says so is stupid. 

I'm not saying Head-fi is the legitimate place for info. My point is, they actually go into detail to try and explain it to you. All he does is say "No, this is how it is!" 

Sound is one of those things where nobody is going to agree but to say everyone is wrong is stupid!

248107_451558841599338_1916525387_n.jpg

Did I hear some bullshit in here too? 

like I'm stupid. 

Says the poser with his one unit a month salesman job. Hey guy, I'm gonna go sell something on craigslist. When I get back I'm gonna apply for my Industry Affiliate title because I know things about things. 

Now you post it. You tried it before and it didn't work and you called me stupid when I told you it didn't work. 

Well I'm glad your ears hear in graphs because that should help a lot of people out around here. Worst advice I've seen lol!

Lmao, they actually do.

Says the poser with his one unit a month salesman job. Hey guy, I'm gonna go sell something on craigslist. When I get back I'm gonna apply for my Industry Affiliate title because I know things about things. 

Good luck!

63697_389613977793825_930898529_n.jpg

Nice assumption there bra. 

What bullshit? You guys hear in graphs so you think everything sounds similar. You two must work together!

61228_376550572433499_2041933439_n.jpg

Lmao, they actually do.

Yeah they do. Hey, my ears say this graph on this headphone sounds better so yeah. I guess that really tells the entire story behind how the headphones actually sound on your head. High bass, low bass, weak soundstage, low mids? I mean seriously, there's so many differences that graphs don't show

Yeah they do. Hey, my ears say this graph on this headphone sounds better so yeah. I guess that really tells the entire story behind how the headphones actually sound on your head. High bass, low bass, weak soundstage, low mids? I mean seriously, there's so many differences that graphs don't show

Like what?

Like what?

What do you mean? Do you hate words or something because you don't describe anything. Maybe you should take a break from the jam packed Ebay store and take a creative writing class at the local college. 

What do you mean? Do you hate words or something because you don't describe anything. Maybe you should take a break from the jam packed Ebay store and take a creative writing class at the local college. 

Classes are already set for the semester, maybe next year.

OK I don't get wtf is going on anymore, the OP asked if the 598 were worth it, we solved that and now its a shitstorm. @FluffyNuggets are you discrediting @MayflowerElectronics on the answer? or is it an entirely new question? Or are you just taking a stab at him...?

OK I don't get wtf is going on anymore, the OP asked if the 598 were worth it, we solved that and now its a shitstorm. @FluffyNuggets are you discrediting @MayflowerElectronics on the answer? or is it an entirely new question? Or are you just taking a stab at him...?

We're just playing with the troll, it was entertaining for a little bit but now it's kind of boring.

Fluffy couldn't keep it in one thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/77790-is-this-a-good-buy-what-should-i-offer-asus-xonar-essence-st-24-bit-192khz-pci/page-5

I'm taking this really shit creative writing class, doesn't help.

We're just playing with the troll, it was entertaining for a little bit but now it's kind of boring.

LoL I don't even get what he was trying to "troll". @FluffyNuggets are you looking for a description of the sound difference between the 558 and 598? (sorry, a worded difference)

woaw he hates the words same or similar...I fucken love those words, how else would I be able to communicate that something is like something else. Using those words don't discredit the information it's just another way of describing something. Why is that such a big deal?

I'm merely trying to find out why they sound the same from him and he refuses to tell me. Am I discrediting him? Yep. Making a claim they are the basically the same doesn't make it true. Especially when every other review I've read say the 598's are a nice upgrade from the 558's. 

Good, you're smart enough to use the edit tool. I'm so proud of you.

e513505d851f091cb6a3b947344214ca.png

Yes, I mistype. What's your point?