small fan controller thing

MrWalex
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, MrWalex said:

they are 3pin fans :)

If they are 3 pin you have a couple of options, you can get a separate fan control system like the NZXT Grid+ V2 or use splitters off the motherboard fan headers. Just note a good rule of thumb if you are going with straight splitters from the headers is to not have more than 3-4 fans per header depending on the fan to not overload it. 

my new pc will have 4 fans but the motherboard only has two system fan headers, i remember seeing in the oil submerged pc that linus did that they had a tiny fan splitter thing that went from one cable in to like 5 headers.

what is this thing that he used?

my new pc will have 4 fans but the motherboard only has two system fan headers, i remember seeing in the oil submerged pc that linus did that they had a tiny fan splitter thing that went from one cable in to like 5 headers.

what is this thing that he used?

It depends what fans you have if you are using 4 pin PWM fans you can get a powered hub like this: If they are 3 pin fans though it will not work with that splitter. 

http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter-sata.aspx

they are 3pin fans :)

If they are 3 pin you have a couple of options, you can get a separate fan control system like the NZXT Grid+ V2 or use splitters off the motherboard fan headers. Just note a good rule of thumb if you are going with straight splitters from the headers is to not have more than 3-4 fans per header depending on the fan to not overload it. 

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

ok thanks :D