Phosphorescent Pigment (Glow in the dark paint).

mattonfire

Anyone know if there is a specific paint or substance used where I can have multiple colours but only glow when active by UV and only glow for a second or two? :D

38 minutes ago, mattonfire said:

Anyone know if there is a specific paint or substance used where I can have multiple colours but only glow when active by UV and only glow for a second or two? :D

You can find glow in the dark paints and dyes of different colors, many will require UV or sunlight to activate/energize and glow in the dark for long periods.  You may also find color neutral glow in the dark liquids or DIY glow in the dark kits you can mix with other color pigments to make your own color combo.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

On 2017-5-22 at 5:29 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

You can find glow in the dark paints and dyes of different colors, many will require UV or sunlight to activate/energize and glow in the dark for long periods.  You may also find color neutral glow in the dark liquids or DIY glow in the dark kits you can mix with other color pigments to make your own color combo.

I'm making an art piece and it must not show the colours before the UV light is shone. Is there a phrase I should be looking for specifically or hope for the best that they only work under UV light?

3 hours ago, mattonfire said:

I'm making an art piece and it must not show the colours before the UV light is shone. Is there a phrase I should be looking for specifically or hope for the best that they only work under UV light?

I don't think you can paint it where it appears "colorless" until UV light is shown and then colors appear.  I'm not entirely sure.  Check online and contact UV/Blacklight arts, makeup and body paint suppliers.  They may know more.  The Blacklight face paint I use for photography shows colors even under normal light.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

On 5/24/2017 at 11:32 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

I don't think you can paint it where it appears "colorless" until UV light is shown and then colors appear.  I'm not entirely sure.  Check online and contact UV/Blacklight arts, makeup and body paint suppliers.  They may know more.  The Blacklight face paint I use for photography shows colors even under normal light.

I was actually trying to recreate this. But I mean the idea of having muddy green didn't appeal in my bedroom.