Hej 

i'm kinda in the need for better cooling, been looking at NZXT Kraken x61 or corsair H115i. 

what would you choose for a AIO system ?? and how would you configure it push or pull ??

MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula -- CPU: Intel i7 4770K -- Ram: Corsair Vengance 16GB  -- GPU: Gigabyte GTX780 Ghz -- Case: NZXT H440 

PSU: Corsair CX750M --Display: Samsung 23" 1080p LED -- Labtop: Acer Aspire S7

Keybord: Razer Deathstalker -- Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chorma -- Mousepad: Razer Goliathus XL -- Speaker: Razer Leviathan -- Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1

x61 looks better in my opinion

2 minutes ago, Malicius said:

how would you configure it push or pull

it will depend on how other fans in your systems are set up.

They both perform basically the same, so at that point it's just on you to decide what looks better.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

x61 looks better in my opinion

it will depend on how other fans in your systems are set up.

right now my back fan and top fans (2 fans) is exhaust and 3 intake at the front 

MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula -- CPU: Intel i7 4770K -- Ram: Corsair Vengance 16GB  -- GPU: Gigabyte GTX780 Ghz -- Case: NZXT H440 

Keybord: Razer Deathstalker -- Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chorma -- Mousepad: Razer Goliathus XL -- Speaker: Razer Leviathan -- Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1

Either one is fine, so whichever costs less or you think looks better.  If you have an open air GPU then you will want to install it in the front and it doesn't matter whether you do push or pull, the only meaningful performance difference is when you do both (push/pull).  If you are using a blower-style GPU then you can install it wherever you prefer in the case.  In my systems for fans I typically install front/bottom as intake, and top/back as exhaust and generally I want more exhaust than intake but YMMV.

33 minutes ago, Malicius said:

Hej 

i'm kinda in the need for better cooling, been looking at NZXT Kraken x61 or corsair H115i. 

what would you choose for a AIO system ?? and how would you configure it push or pull ??

nzxt X62, the  X61 has a bit of a noisy pump when you're idling

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

nzxt X62, the  X61 has a bit of a noisy pump when you're idling

point taken, i might go with the x52 or x62 for RGB at noise if the x61 is louder :D 

13 minutes ago, aithos said:

Either one is fine, so whichever costs less or you think looks better.  If you have an open air GPU then you will want to install it in the front and it doesn't matter whether you do push or pull, the only meaningful performance difference is when you do both (push/pull).  If you are using a blower-style GPU then you can install it wherever you prefer in the case.  In my systems for fans I typically install front/bottom as intake, and top/back as exhaust and generally I want more exhaust than intake but YMMV.

i like positive pressure i have it in my head it helps a bit on dust, and the H440 is not the kindest with airflow :) but i haven't thougt about my GPU 3 fans pulling the air, would be a good thing to look at aswell :D 

4 minutes ago, Malicius said:

i like positive pressure i have it in my head it helps a bit on dust, and the H440 is not the kindest with airflow :) but i haven't thougt about my GPU 3 fans pulling the air, would be a good thing to look at aswell :D 

It does, but I have decent filters on the front and bottom and I haven't had a problem with dust buildup in my case at all so I prefer my way because it seems to be better for overall temps.  I'll trade having to clean my filters a bit more often for better temps any day ;)

40 minutes ago, aithos said:

It does, but I have decent filters on the front and bottom and I haven't had a problem with dust buildup in my case at all so I prefer my way because it seems to be better for overall temps.  I'll trade having to clean my filters a bit more often for better temps any day ;)

maybe i should try that thanks worth a shot right :D 

1 minute ago, Malicius said:

maybe i should try that thanks worth a shot right :D 

Can't hurt.  If you decide you're getting too much dust you can always swap it later or adjust your fan speeds (assuming you have PWM fans).