Customize CPU Fans

NHE1803
Go to solution Solved by dantayy,

1: Yes, but your motherboard will usually give an error if no fan is connected to the CPU Fan header, and the fan control might be a little off as the motherboard controls the CPU Fan header based on the CPU Temperature, plugging it into a case fan might result in the fan speed being controlled by the motherboard temperature sensors instead of the CPU temperature

2: There are RGB LED headers on your motherboard, take a look at your manual, do not connect the RGB light strips to any fan headers

I have two question to asked.

1.Can I change the CPU Fans directly to Case Fans?

2.Which connector should I connect? CPU Fan connector or chassis connector to perform RGB light?

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B250F CPU Cooler : Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master GeminII M5 LED

1: Yes, but your motherboard will usually give an error if no fan is connected to the CPU Fan header, and the fan control might be a little off as the motherboard controls the CPU Fan header based on the CPU Temperature, plugging it into a case fan might result in the fan speed being controlled by the motherboard temperature sensors instead of the CPU temperature

2: There are RGB LED headers on your motherboard, take a look at your manual, do not connect the RGB light strips to any fan headers

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB